Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Jul 12, 2016.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;N_UXUhnO6o4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_UXUhnO6o4[/video]

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds fun and cheap. You may need to calibrate what you consider weird cuz that is nothing.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Some might say it's weird for people to rage about something they have very little(if any at all) influence on. But I know what I'll be doing every Saturday this fall.

Seriously I was apoplectic when we were BEATING Florida three years ago and my friend couldn't understand why. Everyone is ****ing weird it just depends on your flavor.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

For instance once the market opens up tomorrow I plan on some simulated trading via a website, starting out with 100K(I think I'm only gonna be using 1K of it to get a real feel for whether or not I'm ready to start trading on my own next year) and "trading" thru Q4. That's not much different than this or fantasy sports

5. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

[video=youtube;DLzpl42K6KY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLzpl42K6KY[/video]

6. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Sounds like fun, what website?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's never seen a full on cosplay fight or a medieval live role playing fight

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Investopedia

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

difference is you can't go and play for the patriots or whatever. I remember being a kid and playing Mario bros with my buddy. I would play for 30 seconds and die 80% of the time. he'd go and play for half an hour on one turn. incredibly boring and frustrating to me.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Fireblaster said its about the talent.

11. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

You should've just paused it when he was jumping over a hole.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

that started a few fights at our house growing up

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But you can go out in the back yard and play touch football. Throw the ball around.

I cannot be a pro-gamer, but I can diddle around with the same games.

It is OK if you found or find it boring, but I don't think that means the endeavor is useless and for kids (not saying you said this, just a common sentiment among 'adults').

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha. i'm a nice guy

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

true, but I can't play like tom brady.

I had a ps3 and played games up until I got married. probably not more than a couple of hours a week though. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. i'd probably have to play late at night to do it and the only thing i'm willing to miss sleep for these days is sex and seeing cal get obliterated by Oregon at 10:30 at night. I freely admit i'm slightly blown away by the 50 year old guy with kids that is doing this hours a night.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I played military sim games in college. Some of the people in our group were retired military playing with their teenage children. Sometimes it is a family activity.

17. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I read this morning that somewhere in Florida, two kids got shot at at 1:30 in the morning. They were in a guys yard playing the game. Someone will get killed playing this. Had a kid at 11:00 the other night walking down the road playing it and I live out in the middle of no where.

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Lol

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I spent quite a bit of time walking about this weekend, much of it in a very large, very frequented public park. I only noticed one person that appeared to be playing it.

20. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

That's probably because the servers were down all day Saturday and Sunday.