Post-Florida thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I agree. But many of the heroes today were Tennessee guys. Malone, Jennings, Hurd, and going Legacy you have TKJr who made some crucial plays. The players took this game back. And, of course, Dobbs runs with these little short upright steps but can really push a pile. My kudos to the players than just flat out said "Hell No!"

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jennings is a badass. It's borderline criminal that he's just now being used

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

And it's pretty valuable. Gonna be our highest draft pick in awhile and he deserves every dollar. I love this guy.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

He was really a catalyst for the comeback.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, he should definitely cash out while he still has that move going. It's next-level.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Eric Berry was 3Rd or 5th overall, he'll be a top 15 I would guess

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's kinda funny. I've watched countless high school players run rings, and they are always too high & their shoulders are never over toes. Barnette's form in this area is the best I've ever seen. When he nails it, he's unblockable.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It takes being down before we open up and actually play.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's unacceptable.

10. JayVols

100% correct. Being down forces them to throw that vanilla bullshit out of the playbook.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

But why do they do the vanilla bullshit? What is it they are afraid of? It can't be making a mistake, because shit is getting blown up due to its predictability.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Shoop plays around too much early. Makes great adjustments. But I think the game plan early is weak.

13. JayVols

Butch & DeBord are going to Butch & DeBord. It's just in their DNA.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope he improves on that. He's still our best coach, even with the struggles.

15. JayVols

Not so much tonight, but I've noticed that he seems to blitz himself out of a lot of plays early. You know it must be pretty bad if I say that. You know I've never met a blitz I didn't like. But I'll take Shoop. For the first time in years, we have a guy that is willing and very able to make effective adjustments.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yea he stunts way too much for my taste. Im all about quality, not quantity.

17. JayVols

And what Shoop did with Jumper tonight was a miracle. He looked serviceable. Hell, I'll even say he played well.

He put him in the middle for the most part & had him playing A & B gaps and an occasional C gap. Keep him there & he has the chance to be servicable until we get healthy. Pass breakup in the endzone be damned, put him defending space and he looks like he's running through a field full of ti tties and he's trying to touch them all.

He never turned his head on that breakup. Got lucky he got a hand up at just the right time.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

The adjustment to the screen was most welcome and beautiful. That was the moment I thought we could come back and win, no joke.

19. JayVols

I like stunting. But you know that. Haha

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's seeing what he can get away with. He knows he's got a lot of talent and can slow you down, he's trying to kill you quickly.