POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Also, the fake attack bothers me more.

One guy is mentally messed up. Lock him in an asylum, lock him in prison, I don't care. The other is taking advantage of a situation to help himself. Gay-card and race-card at the same time. And here's what that does. It just adds another layer of callouses to a lot of people, that when something like this actually does happen, it's looked over if not out right disregarded because wolf got cried too many times before.

Then again, I think there are more on the left than they want to admit that they are more upset that this attack is fake than they are that it was faked.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Not hearing much from the left about the guy who killed his coworkers because he was getting fired. Had a gun despite existing gun laws prohibiting him from legally owning it. But we need more laws.

Gues talking about killing people is worse than actually killing people.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  3. cpninja

cpninja Member

Don't think you're gonna get much pushback from liberals about actually applying our current gun laws effectively. Seems like every time we get these kinds of rage shootings it pops up that the guy "legally" bought the gun, but shouldn't have been able to because of X, Y or Z reason, but the system didn't catch it. Need to fix that, regardless of if its just by tweaking the system or requiring new laws.

JayVols and IP like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I am probably biased as I have a lot of guns, but new laws won't change much. Get serious on mental healthcare, enforce what we have and get parents to keep guns put away where kids can't get them and they'll eliminate a lot of problems.

People can get guns illegally all day long.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It was just a whataboutism to IPs whataboutism.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh yeah? But whatabout when I use whataboutism on your whataboutism about his whataboutism? HUH?

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Shut the **** up, Donny

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

An identical argument could be made to legalize theft, murder, etc.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree that mental healthcare is an obvious need that would surely prevent some of these incidents. But providing mental healthcare to anyone other than the comfortably well off is a social benefit, which has been made politically toxic.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The difference is that I agree the guy lying/faking crimes should be prosecuted, while you are arguing nothing can be done to prevent shootings.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

or building a Wall

13. NorrisAlan

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think anyone faking such an attack is profoundly stupid at minimum, if not actually mentally unhinged. As for being more upset whether the attack is fake vs was faked, I am not sure I understand the distinction.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wish a bet could be made that when the wall fails to impact the numbers of illegals and crimes (as it already has failed to do for places like El Paso), all those clamoring for it have to collectively reimburse the treasury for the cost in addition to whatever they normally pay in taxes. It was originally implanted in people's minds as being "free" in the sense that Mexico would pay for it. Now it is being marketed as "paying for itself." It won't.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll go with a mix of stupidity and arrogance.

People on the left are angrier that the attack wasn't real than they are that someone faked an attack. The WANTED it to happen because it helped their cause.

17. NorrisAlan

Whoever these people are (and I will be honest, I haven't seen any but I stay off of social media and don't listen to much news), then they are utter and complete morons.

That said, a fake attack like this just sets everything back. If this guy is guilty of faking, then justice should be served.

IP likes this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Can the same rule be applied to liberal projects that don't work as promised?

justingroves and kmf600 like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Any that were sold as being paid for by Mexico or another country, sure.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I can't speak for others, but my view is that stunts like this only hurt legitimate concerns, and it was done for purely selfish reasons. That makes it suck even more. We shouldn't apply feelings across the board because of one idiotic incident, but human nature is that other legitimate instances could quite possibly be looked at with skepticism because of this. That's a shame.

I've been all over Trump for his lying & crying wolf the last 3 years. I would be a complete hypocrite if I didn't express that I view this event as at least equally shitty and damaging to our social/political discourse. And I despise hypocrisy with all my being. Any expression of this sort that is not truthful should be fully & completely condemned as wrong as it only further damages our already fragile discourse. It doesn't matter if it's the Trumpiest of Trump and/or his supporters or anyone who stands in complete opposition to Trump and for what he stands. It's wrong, period, and the appropriate consequences should be applied.

Poppa T, CardinalVol and zehr27 like this.