POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm not sure there is a candidate on the democrat side that can beat trump in a national race on policy or debate (they'll try to tell truth too much).

I think this entire race is about Trump. Entirely. And the question is only: are there more people who don't like Trump than there are that like Trump?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Enjoying the conspiracy theories this is meant to hurt Biden more than Trump to get him out of the way.

Indy likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

you are depressingly accurate

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that was a spin, but it isn't working because of the timing. Biden is not the presumptive nominee anymore, and may not win the primary

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

100% agree

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Trump will win easily if he just shuts his damn mouth. But we all know that won't happen.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Very true. Warren is gaining in the AA vote.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Couldn't that lend more credence to the conspiracy theory? If he's not the presumptive nominee anymore and may not win the primary, why would Trump be worried enough about him to take this sort of risk?

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why did Nixon order the break in at the DNC headquarters? Dude slaughtered it in the 1972 election, but his narcissism and paranoia knew no bounds.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

this occurred in July, when he was the clear front runner. Also, Trump probably didn't see a risk, and definitely isnt adverse to taking risks anyway. And it remains to be seen if this even really matters. it isn't very different than the interactions had with russian sources regarding clinton in 2016.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm not sure if it was even trying to get an edge on the election rather than him wanting to be a shithead to someone he doesn't like.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. NorrisAlan

This cannot be discounted. Dude is a vengeful paranoid.

droski likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, I know. Nixon's actions were irrational for sure. And I'm not saying Trump is incapable of acting irrationally, as we all know that he is perfectly capable of doing so.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not familiar with the timeline specifics. The conversation happened in July? Or the whistleblower complaint was filed in July? Or both? If both, why has it taken this long to get out?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

convo in July, complaint by early August, took this long because it was initially suppressed by DOJ.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, Assholes' Razor. good point.

NorrisAlan and droski like this.
  17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Well the IG had to investigate. Then you have the period of time where the administration was tying to block the IG from taking it to Congress.

18. NorrisAlan

I am stealing that if it isn't already a thing.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

google it and report back.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And what about the aid? How long was it held? When was it released?