POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The House has its Articles of Impeachment, and the Senate will resolve them.

Simple.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Well, that certainly explains why you’re so into Trump.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Why we were all watching the game, something very consequential happened

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why is this a bad thing?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Assassinating a leader from a nation without declaring some sort of conflict? Can you think of another time the US has done that?

I get it. Rah rah, USA. Blah blah. But think about the precedent it sets. Think about how you would perceive Iran killing one of our generals while they were flying through, say France or something.

It's a [ussy pay] move. This isn't Al Qaeda.

Set me straight if you can think of some other time we've done something like this.

tvolsfan likes this.
  6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I didn’t say that it was bad, just consequential, which it undoubtedly is.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The guy whose forces just organized attacks against us in Iraq was at the Iraq airport - doesn’t sound like he was just flying through. Sounds like he was leading operations against us. And we killed him.

I don’t think you do this lightly - you likely have to believe further active operations are underway.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’ve really like that trump hasn’t been that hawkish at all.

Hopefully this was highly thought out

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

My understanding is that he is an Iranian general?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dude. Lindsey Graham is low-key threatening war crimes on civilians on twitter right now. They're all hawks.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’d say graham has a hard on. He’s just missing his buddy McCain.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Remember "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran"? I do.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yes. Led the Quds forces - who carry out unconventional warfare and intelligence activities. Unconventional warfare such as leading non-state proxy actors like Hezbollah - focused on operations outside Iran.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, alright. I guess we will see what unfolds. I don't have enough information.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah I wasn’t a fan.

I was an extremely high threshold for going to war. Once that’s crossed, you’ve called down hell with little regard besides [uck fay]ing shit up.

Technology has almost removed a little bit of the messiness and made it a bit too video game so the public almost enjoys it now.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want a clear plan of what victory would be and how to win the peace afterward.

justingroves likes this.
  17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The Ayatollah is the only leader of Iran. But I wont shed a tear for this guy. I know Iraq was already pissed at our first drone strike this week. Wonder if they were surprised by this one as well.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think anyone around here is going to shed a tear for the guy.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If the Iranian regime could kill every US Admiral and General in the world, Congress, Trump, me, you - they would.

This was a murderous bastard who specialized in killing / maiming Americans, and had thus far used his title as a get out of jail free card.

And now he’s in hell, where he belongs, and I only regret that his death wasn’t more painful and that we couldn’t kill him twice.