POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think my biggest issue on climate change/ global warming is how it's treated more like a dogma instead of science.

Shouting people down by saying the science is settled isn't science at all but more like a religion.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

When did the Senate vote?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

What element of climate science has not been explained repeatedly in public discourse? At this point, rejecting climate science is social and political dogma. It's an observable phenomenon. When the naysayer trots out conflicting positions like, "it isn't happening" and "it is actually good," there really isn't a scientific debate happening.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've interviewed maybe 50 people the last few years that can't see past today. And they want shit given to them..car, gas, spot me for 6 months, more vacation, don't start till after summer, gimme gimme, how much do I get?
    They are also about the same age, yet to start a family, and no leverage. just delusional, then angry that things didn't work out.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You hiring?

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Subcontract me if he is.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Both sides have played the game with this issue. I think it's dangerous to politicize science.

To act like it's a done deal isn't science though, even if some dumbasses are questioning or doubting it.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

mine is low rent. I'm just saying these people come in, have proved nothing, and ask for all this stuff for free, ahead of time, and could up and leave in no time. Nuts

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

10. CardinalVol

But the market's up and people are making money so who cares?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

To question without scientific basis is not science. It's a delay tactic. Science requires specific, testable hypotheses. Those overwhelmingly support the notion that the earth is warming and climate is changing due to human activities that are altering the energy balance within the climate system.

It's super annoying, complicated, and not fully understood but also definitely happening.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

13. CardinalVol

Yup, and could go either way, just Bannon happened to crack it first here.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's really interesting. Basically it was just a marketing operation. Obama used a lot of the same tactics in 2012 and it was smart and edgy

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep. Hillary supporters had some bot mobbing, so I'm sure they'd have done this too had they had the opportunity

16. CardinalVol

Eh, that's a step or two beyond marketing. Not a fan of some of the things he did in 08 or 12 either.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

No

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

BAD ACTORS ARE USING SOCIAL MEDIA EXACTLY AS DESIGNED

WHEN JUSTICE DEPARTMENT special counsel Robert Mueller announced criminal charges against Russian operatives for interfering with the 2016 presidential election, descriptions of how the Russians used modern communications technologies were all too familiar. Journalist referred to the ways in which Russia “manipulated social-media platforms,” and tech company executives like Facebook’s Rob Goldman decried “how the Russians abused our system.”

This is standard fare. When Russia manipulates elections via Facebook, or ISIS recruits followers on Twitter, or racist landlords deny rentals to blacks and then offer them to whites through Airbnb, commentators and companies describe these activities as “manipulation” or “abuse” of today’s ubiquitous websites and apps. The impulse is to portray this odious behavior as a strange, unpredictable, and peripheral contortion of the platforms.

But it’s not. It’s simply using those platforms as designed.

Twitter’s mission statement speaks of sharing ideas and demolishing barriers: “To give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers.”.......

https://www.wired.com/story/bad-actors-are-using-social-media-exactly-as-designed/

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Just read an article yesterday where Tim Cook excorciates Facebook and Google (doesn't say their names, specifically, but it's pretty obviously inferred), saying that they are data mining outfits who are parading around as social media platforms.

I thought that was both strong and accurate.

zehr27 likes this.
  20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

We hand Russia, ISIS, etal the tools then get pissed at them when they use them.