POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good ole fashioned market manipulation!

But thank you for the lesson.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

First he talked an incredibly hard line on Iran, convincing the Saudis that they were going to force the Iranians to near-zero exports. In response, the Saudis and the Vienna Group returned to full production this summer from the cuts they made all the way back in Nov 16. They were worried about a global shortage if they didn’t.

Then, Trump reveals waivers to about 8 countries for Iranian exports. The administration also made it known they weren’t really going to hold anyone’s feet to the fire (yet anyway) for taking Iranian oil despite the ‘sanctions’. This was an incredibly soft position particularly contrasted against previous perception. This made the world suddenly longer by about 1.3 million barrels a day.

Then, with the Saudis seeing growing inventories and an oversupplied market, they said hey, we are going to take our barrels back out of production to balance the market. And Trump reminded them he has their nuts in a vice with Kashoggi (note the timing of the CIA leak that MBS was responsible). The Saudis backed down and haven’t cut production yet, but they almost definitely will next year.

The result was a precipitous fall in oil prices.

The why is a much bigger question for me. I have a hypothesis. I think Trump wants to go in hard on Iran but his team warned him that oil prices would go through the roof. So he wants to get things very soft so he can get aggressive on Iran. If OPEC cut too soon he wouldn’t be in the drivers seat anymore.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So, Trump played it well

4. TennTradition

I think he got what he wanted. Depending on what he wants to do with it, we’ll see if it turns out to be a good thing. If he just wants lower gas prices I don’t think it’s worth it - but I think that’s just his public reasoning because he thinks it will play well.

I do think that the Saudis gave him a big gift with Kashogi and he’s played that into this well.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Spending a lot of diplomatic capital on a short term gain. If you like him, then it will always be "played well." If you are not in his camp, you gotta think it was pretty grey.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I like when I fill up for 45 coconuts instead of having to use 2 cards and costing 160.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So people that dont hate Trump are incapable of unbias or reasoning.
    Thats awesome.

8. TennTradition

I hear you - particularly if you drive a big truck utility truck or something along those lines.

But something doesn’t seem quite right there. National gas prices were higher this Thanksgiving than since 2014 - but they are falling vs summer for sure. Seems like you might be filling up for $2.30 instead of $3.30.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

So not being in his camp means you hate him. That's awesome.

10. Ssmiff

you posted that for people who like Trump, his decisions will always be the right ones. Deflect as you wish. I can't say a 90 year old woman isn't fit for work without getting blasted, but you can generalize millions of people and act like you didn't.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good luck on your battle with illiteracy.

12. Ssmiff

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

14. NorrisAlan

I am worried the President is about to crack. His twitter feed this morning is bizarre to say the least.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No kidding. People will marvel in 100 years that we had a president so off his rocker he made official statements such as this

and, well, just dickish things such as this

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I have a feeling that in a 100 years no one will give the first shit about Trump.

RockyHill and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

One can hope. But, I also live in a world in which people still write about Grover Cleveland.

19. NorrisAlan

Just look at all of his retweets from some guy named @The_Trump_Train. Talk about fake news.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

“My gut tells me more than anybody’s brain.”