POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't think you would like the reasons Trump wants to buy it though.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Plan B - Make Denmark an offer they can't refuse.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

coal? lol, good luck getting it out cheaper there than Wyoming or West Virginia

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nancy Pelosi, in reference to the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions movement, of which Omar and Tlaib were strong advocates:

Do we need to go back and pull all the shit they've said over the last year? Even their own party members have called them anti-Semites without directly naming them.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, any criticism of Israel usually ends up in the lazy trope of anti-Semitism. There's plenty to criticize in regards to Israel, but the country has, seemingly, been granted honorary American citizenship so any critique of their policy is seen as, weirdly, almost unpatriotic.

I don't find what they've said in regards to Israel to be particularly bad or prejudiced. Even the "it's all about the Benjamins" was overwrought, in my opinion, although the left has chased down this oversensitive rabbit hole enough times to not get the benefit of the doubt. The fact these ladies have a harsher view on Israel is a bit of a shock, especially being the only Muslims in Congress, to the typical deferential attitude towards Israel by both Republicans and Democrats.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Oil and natural gas

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, well maybe. But gas is sooooo cheap and plentiful domestically. And currently, oil is too cheap for much in the way of offshore/arctic drilling.

But that can change. I just can't think of any US land acquisition that didn't work out as in the favor of the US.

But if the native Greenlanders don't want us, I don't want to do it. I think that would be massively hypocritical.

I see strategic value in gaining claim to the extended EEZ and OCS, right up to the pole. It would mean Alaska and Greenland would bookend claims to the valuable mineral deposits on the ridge stretching to Siberia. And all that will be ice free in the summers in a few decades.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I would think the value of Greenland would be almost exclusively strategic against Russia. Anything else would be a bonus.

tvolsfan likes this.
  9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah, we'd be crazy not to buy it if we can.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I definitely think it would be a good move if they want us. China wants them but I don't think it's mutual.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You don't find Tlaib's comments about Palestinians "trying to create a safe haven for Jews" or her statement that "it was my ancestors that provided that" to be problematic? Aren't you a history guy? Surely you aren't okay with that sort of whitewashing of the actual historical event.

12. Unimane

Her history is a bit spotty and flat out incorrect in a couple of instances, but she isn't entirely wrong in the sense Palestinian land has been taken and these people been herded into refugee areas while building illegal settlements.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So the trip was being planned with a group called Miftah, and this group is well has made some questionable comments/articles in the past?

14. Unimane

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Satire, though.

16. Unimane

Shit, but it was a good one.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

They can but my house if they want.

GahLee likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The band of four seem to be full of themselves; and believing the hype some are giving them. Lets see how long it last....