POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Has that house of cards feel

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Not on the Internet.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I thought maybe the moral compass thing was the beginnings of the move.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

No chance

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dunno.

Don't even care what they find, I just want to look at the things.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, some transparency without any bullshit associated with it would be refreshing. I hope they can avoid those pitfalls, but, no doubt, those surrounding the case will politicize it.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

At least we would find out how low we are willing to sink.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Question, how has Trump directly negatively effected your life? Not trying to call you out or anything I am just curious as to how your life has changed since he has been in office. Its a question I would like to hear answered by any of the Trump haters on the board. Not trying to be a [Penis] I am just curious.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I’ve gotten this questions several times. The truth is none of the presidents have directly affected my life. Having been personally victimized isn’t a requirement for thinking a president is terrible.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No President has ever directly affected me, one way or the other. But indirectly, absolutely.

The rolling back of environmental regulations affects me.
    His isolationist/"America first" policies affect me because I believe it makes the world more unstable.
    His cozying up to dictators and pissing on our allies affects me because again, it makes the world more unstable.

This is all my opinion, of course.

tvolsfan likes this.
  14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I can say as a business owner I have been directly effected by a president before.

justingroves likes this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is the world really more unstable? Any major wars going on that we have caused? I think people want to think the worst just because they hate Trump. Not saying you are ultimately wrong but I think a lot of it is just hate for the man.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just because a table hasn't tipped yet doesn't mean it is unstable. And war is not the only outcome of being unstable.

I do not like Trump, that is no secret. I don't hate him, just as I didn't hate Butch Jones the human being. But I hate him as our President the same as I hated Butch Jones as our Coach. Does it bias my view? Of course, and that is undeniable. But I do try to express WHY I don't like him and not just in generic and vague terms.

I also don't blame him for social ills, as I believe he is just the head of the pimple, the thing we see but is not the cause.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

All fair.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Not sure you are allowed to say that. Plus you are lucky you were born into it anyway, and random other people deserve a piece.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Trump isn't the first to practice "isolationist" policies. I don't think that should be lumped in with the America First stuff. Some would argue that removing our military from different parts of the world is an "isolationist" action and leads to the instability you dislike.

20. cpninja

cpninja Member

Trump's admin has rolled back(or attempted to) a number of protections for transgender people and they are currently supporting a case at the Supreme Court in favor being able to fire an employee for being transgender

Now those rollbacks and erosion of protections have largely not impacted me personally because I'm in a fairly stable household with decent human beings around me in key places(including my employer) but they are all things which impact my life as a whole, as a transgender person living in America, in a fairly direct way

And there are a number of issues that Trump(or his admin) have pushed which I feel are morally wrong even if they dont impact me personally or directly, which I think we can all agree would be reason enough to dislike someone. Certainly few if any of the people on this board are directly impacted by things like abortion rights yet we all likely have strong opinions and feelings on that matter.

The Dooz and Unimane like this.