POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And I agree with all of these things. I lumped "America First" because it has a side-effect of shitting on everyone else in the world at the same time. Not in all ways, but in many, such as dropping out of the Paris Accords or bad mouthing NATO, etc.

I am also unaware of many people advocating pulling our military out of all of its overseas bases. I am for slashing the military budget, but that is another discussion.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

By Congress, surely. Unless there are EOs you're talking about?

Maybe justice department defense, though, so that I can see.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There are certain countries/regions from which a lot of people (Americans) want us to remove our military presence. Not all countries/regions, but some, and one might argue that removing our presence from those regions (which we have done in the past) could be viewed as much more isolationist and detrimental than talking some shit to our allies.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

All makes sense and thanks for the answer. I wonder what percentage of people in the US are directly effected (negatively) by what Trump has done while in office. I also wonder how that compares to previous presidents.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Depends how you look at it. In some ways, maybe most or every president has affected 100% of people in a negative way. it's an interesting question, and I think however you slice it trump is not affecting disproportionally larger percentage than many other Presidents. But then again, how do you know with things like tariffs and environmental protection?

6. fl0at_

I don't see why more people don't smoke, I don't know a single person that is impacted by cigarettes RIGHT NOW.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It would be interesting to know but I don't think its possible to really get the answer.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What about the person that falls asleep with a cigarette in their hand and burns their house down?

9. fl0at_

Never met that person. And if I did, asking them to tell me how cigarettes has impacted their lives seems like I'm getting a lot of no responses.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What about the guy that fell asleep smoking his first cigarette and it burned his face badly? Do you think that cigarette impacted his life?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, but less so than someone killed by one.

12. fl0at_

Never met that person, either.

13. fl0at_

Your "impact by the President" question seems to be non-hypothetical, non-anecdotal.

But you seem to be asking a lot of hypothetical and anecdotal cigarette questions.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Did I say since I don't know a person directly who has been effected by the Trump presidency then there is none?

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Well said.

16. fl0at_

Pretty much yea. You asked "directly."

Imagine if I asked: "How has your life been directly impacted by smoking?"

And then when you say "it hasn't," what then? What conclusions do I draw?

None? Then it seems like a question not worth asking, to me.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So, your answer is pretty much yeah? I believe in my question I said something like since he has been in office. Not how do you think your life will change from decisions made from him in 20 years.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What's the #1 thing in one's life? How they treated Trump. That's the vital part of your legacy.

19. fl0at_

Yes. My answer to your question "Did I say since I don't know ..." is "Pretty much yea."

My support for the conclusion ("Pretty much yea") is because the previous question used the word "directly."

Now for commentary:

I think it is rather easy to find indirect impacts. And it is rather easy to argue today that there will be future impacts.

But if I narrow the filter far enough, then I can get to your question: direct and now.

And I don't understand the purpose of such a narrow filter.

Hope that clarifies some.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not really. Just your typical going off the rails when a simple question is asked. Carry on.