President Trump's First 100 Days

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Nov 13, 2016.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I worked on a "tech wall" program about 5 years ago. It was a complete disaster and a collosal waste of tax payer money.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

In that case, this Administration probably quadrupled its funding, and renewed its contract for 100 years.

Complete disasters are sort of in President Obama's wheelhouse.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wonder who is behind the globalist media?

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Obama. Duh

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Ok.

Guys, illChay onyay ethay obalglay ediamay alktay.

So many mentions of the newspeople of the entire world persuasion are going to make this place stand out like Chernobyl did to Geiger counters in 1986. We don't want their evil mind control magic to come down on us like Thor's hammer.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The gays and Roger godell. Gruden is being trained to take over.

Do you guys really think we didn't offer him? We did, he just stayed with espn when he was name heir apparent to be over the globalist media.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Does the Globalist Media work directly with or opposed to the G7/E7, the Big Pharma, Big Oil and the Bilderberg/Illuminati/Free Masons?

9. MWR

MWR Contributor

And there has been 8 years of a Dem. presidency. When the party in power stays in power, the turnover is smaller.

10. MWR

MWR Contributor

Here's something that interests me about Trump's run. You see the protesters on the news and hear of others claiming they fear for their lives, and so on. Seems to me to be a little over the top.

But on the other hand, I have a cousin I talked with this week who is eager to get back in the coal business. Evidently he thinks Trump's election will turn the coal industry loose. And I happen own some land with coal on it. I have about the only access to a seam of coal that the engineers tell me will take 20 years to mine. It doesn't all belong to me, but the property owners that are behind me will pay wheelage to have their coal hauled across my property and I'd just sit there and watch the meter run as the coal is hauled. So like my cousin, I would like to see coal make a comeback. But unlike my cousin, I don't see it happening any time soon.

So some think they will be killed or worse because Trump was elected and some think that all kinds of work will break loose because Trump was elected. I tend to think that my everyday life will pretty much go on about the same.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Pretending that Soros doesn't have enormous reach in advancing his globalism is silliness. He and his ilk set the agenda with a very willing press because journalists are clowns.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Someone is plugged in. Impressive, but find a good hiding place.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

14. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I'm with you, on all of it...if true. I don't think Bolton and Palin are being seriously considered. I think Rudy is, which I've said before I don't agree with. Priebus, I don't get that. However with Bannon really running the show, I don't know that Priebus really matters and he may even be cut loose in the spring.

15. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Yep, Ann nails it. When they go low, we laugh at them and say screw you.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The UN is trying to pass it that all coal plants are shut down my 2030. I don't see that happening, because they also hate nuclear.

A lot of the coal stuff is just marker forces too. Natural gas is just cheaper right now due to fracking. They also hate that, so who knows how long that will last.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Every energy source has its detractors and downsides. And it will be impossible to shut down coal plants by 2030 without building a crap ton of nuclear plants.

Pick your poison.

18. MWR

MWR Contributor

And that is where common sense thinking seems to be missing. If there is no viable source of energy, people's electricity will go off. There has to be a source of energy or we revert back to life as it was 200 years ago. And if you look, you don't see many overweight people in those old pictures.

The Obama administration has made an effort to destroy the coal industry in America. Not often does a freely elected government seek to destroy an industry. And as mentioned, many don't like nuclear power. But it has gotta come from somewhere. I don't think people will happily give up central heat and air, TV and streetlights just so coal and nuclear power plants can be shut down.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

There is a viable source, solar.

The sun bombards the earth with enough energy in an hour to meet the world's energy needs for an entire year. That's a fact.

This isn't a tofu-eating, tree-hugging, wool socked Birkenstock sandal-wearing hippie issue either. Energy independence is all about national security for me. The need for the vast majority of our military's deployments would immediately be rendered unnecessary if we had energy independence. Oh, Iraq invaded Kuwait? We don't give a shit. What? Saudi Arabia really hates us? We don't give a shit. In fact, Our solar is hurting their ability to fund terrorists that want to kill us. Being able to give the middle finger to the Middle East, Russia, Venezuela or any other gang that holds the world ransom over oil would be gloriously satisfying. Want America first? Want to make America great again? Don't double down on old, limited energy sources. Invest in the limitless power of solar.

Real freedom my main reason for supporting viable renewables where the technology is available now, but there are many other benefits. Low/no emissions? Check. Create thousands of high-skill, good paying jobs? Check. Unlimited supply of FREE energy source? Check*

Go to the deserts. Build vast solar farms. Last time I checked, not many folks live in the desert. Oh, and there's lots of sun there too. The rattle snakes and rats there will adapt. Just do it.

*I am aware that suns die. Ours will eventually die, but when it does, where we get our energy won't matter one bit.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's not viable in the amount of space that solar farms would have to take. Plus the issue of storing the energy at that scale.

Germany is facing these issues with them trying to go wind and solar.

geothermal I think would be a better bet than solar