President Trump's First 100 Days

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Nov 13, 2016.

1. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

The limited strike on Syria may buy Trump some needed cred. And its not in saying hey do x or y will happen. Instead he can say to Xi, hey I am not going to invade anyone and taking over isn't on the agenda so sit tight.

Then he can deal with NK. The same with Iran.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looks like Kim better get his resume updated, imo. Assuming hell has job placement services.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it's opposite of that. He did the political equivalent, in context of previous Syria comments and alleged Russian dialogue, to tearing off his shirt and yelling "Woo! Wild Boyz!" and Xi has to now tread with the same care as one might when walking by a yelling homeless person ranting about bees.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Madison
    Adams
    Jefferson
    Coolidge (one of these things just doesn't belong there)
    Locke or Hobbes or Swift (not sure)
    Milton Friedman
    Reagan

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You always say this. But there's nothing illogical about joining the government, or even leading it, in order to try to limit its scope or keep it from being "the problem."

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is government *working*-- joining the government, leading it, and shaping it. The government is you and me, at the beginning and end of the day. The faceless government stuff is like yelling about traffic. You *are* the traffic.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's playing the American version of "true fan." Don't feed it.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Government is force. It's needed but must be held in check.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesus, Spicer is having a bad day. He's going to get shit-canned if he doesn't get it together.

Hitler didn't kill his own people? "Holocaust centers?" Don't want to distract from Trump' goal of "destabilizing the region?" He keeps clarifying and saying something else wrong. I don't think any of it is malicious, but for a professional spokesperson... damn.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Holocaust centers...

11. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Still don't get how Iran is such a boogeyman.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're big and don't do what we say and hate Israel. Insta-boogeyman.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

North Korea
    - nukes (for now)
    + area of vital US interest
    + bosom buddies with our adversaries
    + ruled by religious zealots
    + alleged to sponsor terrorism (I don't have specifics to cite)
    + hate the USA
    + wish to first destabilize and then dominate the region which serves as the lifeblood of the industrialized world
    + international scofflaw
    Iran

...and they also happen to hate Israel.

They'll do whatever we decide to force them to do, if and when we decide their is sufficient need to do so, and most likely in only a matter of days, depending upon how persistent and persuasive we chose to be, or felt was required.

14. Tenacious D

Who brought up the "down with Zionism" thing the other day - Ben or DC?

And did they ever elaborate on what that meant, or am I in the wrong thread, and they responded in another?

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not sure where yesterday ranks in all time bad white house pressers, but it's got to be in running for #1.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I said it, and I elaborated. I said we should have invited every new here, America should have been their post ww2 homeland. I disagree with divine right in all forms. Palestinians are as genetically close to the original Israelites as anyone. I also see no efforts to return any native American nations to their territories here.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I have been impressed with Nikki Haley.

18. Tenacious D

#1 with a bullet. While I love seeing him give the press shit, I've been supremely underwhelmed by Spicer, overall. And I think he's been largely ineffective, at best, and an unnecessary distraction at worst.

19. Tenacious D

Sorry, I missed that. I really thought it was Ben or DC.

Who owns the land, IYO?

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

For somebody who thinks he's smart, he sure does step on his [penis] a lot.