Presidential Candidates Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If the GOP runs anybody who actually WANTS to be President, they'll win. Judging from the way he ran his campaign, Romney had no intention whatsoever of becoming POTUS....

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they're facing Hillary, I'd say they would be legit favorites.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He wanted to be President badly.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Agreed, he just didn't have the personality to take it.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They are both infinitely more appealling on a personal/charismatic level than those three stiffs. It is hard to do justice to how bad Republican candidates have been. McCain was the worst.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

As a Republican I'd be happy wih either Jeb or Christie. Give me someone --anyone-- with a brain who doesn't believe in policies coming out of the Sean Hannity/Rush Limbaugh "think tank."

I think Jeb would be better than the other Bushes. He jsut strikes me as smarter than his brother and more ballsy than his old man. That said, I don't see anything to make me think he'll be a deficit hawk. At least with Christie there's that possibility.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

...or the Bible.

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

9. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Like Romney, Bush will have a lot of problems get the GOP out to the voting booth. There are really no core differences between Bush and Clinton. I think Clinton will win just based on the union vote in large union states. They both agree on immigration, do not not want to repeal Obama care, and they both support common core. They both have major support from wall street,

10. Savage Orange

So that's why he absolutely refused to push his advantage after the first debate? His campaign managers begged him to stay on the offensive but he totally backed off... Did.not.want.it.

11. Savage Orange

I don't see how... after 8 years of Obama the GOP will have no problem drumming up the vote with the fearmongering about Hillary they are certain to harp on...

12. Low Country Vol

Do not underestimate the Clinton machine. Romney had every opportunity to beat Obama and blew it after he manhandled him after the first debate.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I really wish Justin Amash would run.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I see no one that I want to vote for. Definitely not Hillary Clinton!

I wish someone could establish a viable third party with a equally viable candidate that could offer a plausible plan for the changes needed in our government structure.

15. Savage Orange

Well... there's the Libertarian party but nobody seems to want to notice...

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

That's why I used the adjective viable.

17. Savage Orange

I agree that the LP is easily demogogued and marginalized... however, if you look at what we stand for, Libertarians are much more mainstream than what either the GOP or the democrats have become. The rules are also somewhat stacked against ANY third party from gaining traction... why are LP candidates consistently shut out of state & national debates, ballots, etc? Not much in the way of MSM coverage either...

18. Low Country Vol

70,000 Americans skipped the LP ticket and voted for Rosanne Barr in the 2012 election.

19. Savage Orange

That sort of idiocy is exactly why we have the government we have.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

McCain and Romney are hardly right wing. Hell every republican nomination has been centrist and every democrat nomination has been left wing since Clinton.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015