Quick thoughts on the game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 27, 2018.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I’ve never seen a coach win a challenge in CFB. Since any play can be reviewed, I don’t see why the coach’s challenge even exists tbh

justingroves likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And on that 4th down by JG, after he stared down the wr, it looked like to me he had no idea where the rest of his receivers were.
    I'll take about anybody in football with the ball to win a game over what we got for the next 2 years. 5 yards per attempt is not beating many teams.

DC Vol and Butthole like this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I still think it was worth a shot.

hohenfelsvol, awebb7 and A-Smith like this.
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Phil did in 2006.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am not sure I have seen it but I have seen a few call timeout to buy more time and it has worked. The both got more time and decided to reviewed the play.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Inability to stop the run was probably the biggest concern.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Les Miles, 07 vs florida

8. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

The bullshit personal foul on Jennings.
    The turnover that wasn’t.
    The mystery PI
    The shit personal foul on marquis.

Among other bullshit. These refs need to be fired. Out of a cannon. That was a disgrace.

Bdouble and chavisut like this.
  9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Felt like we wasted a good bit on both 4th downs.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I didn’t really see that coming. Didn’t expect to shut it down or anything, but not to be gashed like that

11. Ssmiff

Re 4th downs, I dont think Pruitt felt we could stop the run as poor as defense was playing and tried to let his offense win the game. Stout D and game plan changes.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The SEC- “It Just Means More”.... Unless it comes to training our referees. Don’t know what’s worse, the TSSAA or the SEC

13. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

It was a fumble and immediate recovery. This and being flagged on 2 bs unsportsmanlike penalties and a phantom pass interference, we got screwed. Don’t usually want to use the referee excuse, but it was that bad.

Memtownvol, Bdouble, kptvol and 3 others like this.
  14. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

It was absolutely that bad. The refs may not have cost us the game, but I’d bet my truck if it was a crew from the big ten we win this game.

I can’t wait to wipe that smug smile off mushchamps face next year. I hope that [uck fay]er gets hit by a truck.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What a bullshit explanation from the refs. [uck fay] them

16. Ssmiff

Needed Shamburger tonight. Did he get benched? TK looks like a 40 year old in pass coverage

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

3, 4 and 5 are terrifying thoughts.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is one of the players that Pruitt is not happy with.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's always been a two year rebuild to be at a point where UT is talented enough to win the East.

20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Buddy of mine who frequents the VQ forums said the ref who made the DPI call is the same one who ruled no fumble. Guy apparently has a history of being against UT a la UF no catch TD in 2001