Quick thoughts on the game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 27, 2018.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That personal foul call on Calloway might have very well cost us the game. Would have been interesting to see what we called on the somewhat more manageable 3rd down.

Memtownvol likes this.
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It was a horse crap call.

justingroves likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I thought so too. If they called every one of those nobody would ever finish a football game

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That call needs to have a ref suspended. You could call that every game.

Saw somewhere that this was our most penalty yards all year and the least penalty yards for an SEC team all year for SC.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wouldn’t have thrown the flag on Calloway there if I was officiating a chess match between those two.

dknash likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

To be fair, I think part of the whole “taking kill shots” thing can be attributed to JG’s complete lack of awareness. He can’t avoid all of them, but he doesn’t help himself out much.

A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And it was already well established that JG couldn’t really throw downfield.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When he did, the South Carolina dbs put the receivers in an arm bar until the ball arrived

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I respect his toughness but a lot of it is self induced

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m all for a guy standing in to take a hit so that he can complete a pass, but he takes every hit as hard as possible,

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

No awareness

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Once uscjr saw what no huddle does to our defense at the end of the first half, they stayed in it the rest of the game. Every team will be doing that from the get go against us here on out and we better find a way to deal with it.

We lack bodies and it is starting to show. Tuttle and Phillips were playing way too many snaps at tackle last night.

And for the record, those refs last night were horrible. Hor. Ri. Ble. Almost like they had money riding on the game.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The clock ran after our late false start on the last offensive drive. Seemed like it shouldn’t have been running.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I thought so as well. But they change rules in football like my wife changes her mind.

Memtownvol and cpninja like this.
  15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

So damn close. Just enough to puss ya off when we put ourselves in and then out of contention to win the game.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

One of the first things the woman said to me this morning was “I still can’t believe we lost that game last night.”

I replied “Have you not watched UT football the last 5-10 years?”

17. Bdouble

Bdouble Member

On top of the bullshit calls against us, South Carolina was only flagged 2 times for 9 yards. Hell, I saw 2 holds on their first drive. Unbelievable.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Very uncharacteristic based on what we've seen so far. A score, even three, gets some momentum going with the ball coming back to start the half. I really thought after the first down they would/should have gone for points. It could have been a kill shot.

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Who actually were the refs last night. Anybody got a rundown?

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Did Banks play any last night at linebacker? I don't remember seeing him.