Racing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

"Go cheer for Vandy" post if I've ever seen one.

Joey chose to spin Matt. Joey didn't make an attempt to even reach out to Matt afterwards (according to what both Matt AND Joey have said). I've got zero issue with what happened. Was it dirty? Sure was. But karma's a [itch bay].

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That wasn't rubbing.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You can call it whatever you want. The difference is obvious, and it's one of the reasons NASCAR won't be taken seriously until something is changed.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Do you believe it was a real [itch bay] move when Logano wrecked Matt at Kansas?

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I believe we've been over this.

6. JayVols

I agree. It's really simple, don't wreck folks that are leading the race, and perhaps the same won't happen to you.

7. JayVols

I'm not concerned about the prestige of NASCAR. It was a better product when it was a bunch of rednecks racing for grocery money than it's current corporate manifestation.

Want prestige? Watch open wheel racing.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nobody cares if you're concerned about the prestige. But I bet NASCAR and, more importantly, it's sponsors care about their prestige.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Joey and Kenseth were racing for the lead at Kansas, and Kenseth was intentionally blocking (admitted). Joey did not intentionally wreck Matt in my opinion. Anytime you try to wreck another driver you risk wrecking with him, and Joey knows wrecking can put him out of contention. He made a calculated move he thought he could pull off. He made a poor choice. That is totally different than waiting on someone to pass you and then driving them into the wall, not making the least effort to back off. Matt was also incensed by his wreck with the 2 car earlier in the race.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Hey, if they'd been running 1-2, in reverse order than they were at Kansas, I'm right there with you, regardless of the situation (who the points leader is, where we are in the chase, etc). But being multiple laps down, with no other reason to be out there, and taking out the leader on purpose? [itch bay] move.

11. JayVols

No. They care about ratings.

Yesterday will do more to boost them than 500 laps of clean racing where everyone goes out for cherry limeades at Sonic after the race.

This isn't The World Series of Croquet.

12. JayVols

I'll agree to disagree about Logano's actions not being intentional.

13. JayVols

I'm honestly not disagreeing with much of your argument. It boils down to this; Actions have consequences. Some good. Some bad.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

One thing that's being overlooked in this thread is the victory by Jeff Gordon. I have never been a fan, but I was pleased to see him win in this his last year. I am going to have a hard time not pulling for him to win at Homestead and walk away as the 2015 Champion.

15. JayVols

Not a Gordon fan at all, but I found myself rooting for him yesterday & hope he wins the title.

I don't have to like someone to respect their accomplishments.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Two wrongs don't make a right.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I'll agree he intentionally tried to pass which resulted in Kenseth's wreck when Kenseth intentionally blocked.

Either way it is different than yesterday's action.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I won't be upset if he wins it all, now that he's won a race.

19. JayVols

Math disagrees.

Seriously, it doesn't, but I bet Matt feels better now. He'll now have to accept the consequences of his actions. And the world keeps on spinning....

20. JayVols

I don't have a problem with either action. Just be prepared to accept what comes as a result.