Raise Time

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 6, 2015.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I disagree. But let's say I'll concede the point, it's still a dumb response.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, it means Tennessee is willing to pay a mediocre coach ridiculous sums of money on the off chance he's able to beat every team in the east once

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How much were Malzahn's or Freeze's first contracts?

I'm not comparing them now, but they had done next to nothing when they were hired.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weird how that logic doesn't ever get put up for anything other than people.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think Malzahn's was comparable to Jones', but I'm talking about the raises. Butch having the same starting salary relative to those guys isn't insane. Him making as much as them after accomplishing nothing is.

6. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

His current terms. It's criminal how much he's making.

From last December:
    http://espn.go.com/college-football...rs-coach-butch-jones-includes-buyout-increase

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I said it before, a billion a year for life is where we're head with this como mierda

8. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

All you can do is laugh at the absurdity of it, if it comes to fruition. And I will happily do something else on my Saturdays.

And it isn't the raise that irks me, it is the damn extension. It makes it so he cannot be fired.

10. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Even with his current contract, we can't afford to fire him.

I really think the pressure is going to get to him, and he'll leave. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

11. nomojo

nomojo Member

Driven by a drunken Butch.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Not really, UT is just doing the most UT thing they can possibly do. Give him the raise and the extension and still fire him.

We're just ensuring that we can't afford to pay the guy that follows him, that's all.

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

This is the part that gets me.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is what gets me. Why does any coach need or deserve a fricking eight year contract?

15. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Time to get those alt teams lined up.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Jesus flippin Christ, Norris, don't you know it takes 6-7 years to build a good program in the SEC

17. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

0-6 vs our biggest rivals

18. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

Arms race, I guess. Didn't any administrators learn something from Charlie Weiss?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I talked to some other SEC coaches. They said it takes as long as it needs to, at Tennessee. They said we were impatient.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thank goodness. Bama was this close to stealing him away from us.