Raise Time

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 6, 2015.

1. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'm starting to believe the "Hart is a Bammer plant" conspiracy.

2. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

Maybe we should have a logic rule for UT; when all other options are exhausted, blame Bama. Like Occam's Razor but maybe "Meacham's Razor"?

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I mean, is it really that crazy of an idea? If someone were to ask what school would be crazy enough to pull something like that, the answer would always be Alabama.

4. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Are there no UT grads who could be AD, Chancellor, or Pres??????? Guess not.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

David Blackburn

6. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'm a UT grad and pretty sure I'd do a bette job than Hart, even with 0 experience running an AD to my name.

It's no different than running a multi-million dollar company.... Laser focused on the business metrics that matter and hire people that can help you achieve the goals. If they can't, fire them.

Guess my "vision" of the AD would be more encompassing than the ***** version Hart has.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't know what the mental block towards hiring most of these guys have. I do think hiring a coach is usually a difficult endeavor, but they seem to self-limit their choices from the beginning.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

At this point, I almost won't be surprised if there is no buyout, and we simply have to keep him through 2025. And while I have a hard time believing everyone is happy with the direction of the program, I do believe nobody who matters really cares.

9. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Why do I get the feeling that Dave Hart is just doing what his masters tell him? You can't be this stupid for this long a period without this being the way those in power want things done.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

The self-inflicted limitations are puzzling. You've got everything to offer, yet we're settling right out of the gate.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't doubt there are power issues involved. Faculty vs Administration vs AD vs Coach vs Boosters.

Makes me appreciate pro sports more, where you have an owner and that is it as far as power struggles go.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Owner vs GM vs Coach feuds can get good. It's one reason Harbaugh is at Michigan

13. NorrisAlan

Oh, there can be feuds, but there is only one power struggle, ultimately, and that is the owner wins.

At a school, there is no clear person in charge, really. It is more of a big circle of power players and they all need one another yet despise one another. It is actually a stupid model of business.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm pretty sure Lyle himself wrote this puff piece.
    http://allfortennessee.com/2015/12/...-fbs-team-to-play-three-conference-champions/

15. NorrisAlan

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Especially loved how Daniels said on more than two occasions, "Stop FL on 4-14 and Tennessee would be here playing AL" or "this could easily have been Tennessee vs. Alabama" during the SEC Champ gm
    or
    ESPN and SEC studio analysts / commentators Galloway, Kanell, May, Spears and et el referenced same and also how OU wouldn't be in the playoffs if Tennessee doesn't meltdown in the fourth

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Looking at the final four, I see Oklahoma who we should have beat, and Alabama who we could have beat. Throw in the should have won Florida game which would have had us in the SECCG, and the possibility of being in the finals is quite real. The difference is in the game management and play calling. Thanks Butch and staff.

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep. Looking back, I would have been satisfied with this season had we just beat UF and played Bama in a rematch yesterday.

But with better coaching/coaches, we play Bama yesterday with an 11-1 record at worst with a chance to be in the playoff if we won. And looking back, I really don't see that being too much to ask after seeing how the season played out.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's been my dark thought for the last few weeks. Stop that 4th and 17 or whatever (or any of those 4th downs, probably) and we win the East. That one play would have completely changed how I see this season.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It basically says we are good because we played some good teams. By that standard, Vanderbilt is a historic powerhouse.