Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sometimes you just get a combo that works great together. I think those two are a great example of it.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't dare to dream too hard, but I feel like Georgia's QB and OC going away can only be good for the Vols' chances.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Mike Bobo

warhammer and IP like this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Mike Bobo? Would’ve thought that would’ve been an attractive job enough to not go that route

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And I thought my day couldn't get any better.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I don't want them to bring in anyone that prioritizes the ground game.

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

UGA losing Monken is a big deal. Then replacing him with Mike Bobo is just hilarious.

justingroves likes this.
  9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Kirby thinking he’s too big to fail now.

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Eh. They’re still the two time defending champs until they’re not.

11. CardinalVol

They're not suddenly going to go 6-6, but I still think that's quite a drop in the OC category.

justingroves likes this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am liking these hires our biggest competitors are making.

13. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I remember when Georgia fans would be pissed at Bobo, and because I wasn’t watching Georgia that closely it was somewhat hard for me to reconcile that looking back if you just looked at the numbers he put up at UGA.

Then he was Auburn’s OC and I quickly understood it. Overall he isn’t bad, but in certain situations he’ll make calls that literally everyone who knows anything can easily call out as idiotic.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

So, these proposed rule changes? I’m honestly not that triggered by them, except the fact that we all know the main thing that really makes games “too long” and we also know they ain’t touching that with a Joe Milton throw-length pole

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Clock running after 1st down outside of 2 minutes is the main one which would affect some outcomes. Down 2 scores with 5 minutes left a little bit harder.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Taunting stuff is awful.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm not triggered but dp people actually want less college football? I mean, granted, Tennessee games are pretty long but, in general, I get 12 football games a year to see my team. I don't really want those games sped up.

warhammer, IP, Daddy Gee and 5 others like this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

TV timeouts is why the game is long. Team scores. Timeout. Team makes a stop, timeout.

warhammer, Poppa T, IP and 3 others like this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

It never bothered me. It’s annoying when I’ve got to find ESPNNEWS to watch the start of our game because they’ve got to cram the rest of Georgia beating Kentucky 52-7 down my throat but it’s not that big a deal.

like I said, the one thing that would make the most difference without affecting the game? Won’t even be considered

Poppa T, warhammer, IP and 1 other person like this.
  20. CardinalVol

For those of you still with The Athletic - make sure to read the Mike Leach stories.