Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea you just never hear much about anyone with “F U money” associated with that school who openly advertises themselves as a prominent donor with endless pockets. You’d think Saban’s Mercedes Dealerships would come in handy like they *allegedly* (wink, wink!) did in the past pre-NIL. But maybe since these benefits once deemed impermissible are not illegal anymore as long as there is a degree of separation with the University and/or individuals employed by a university, it’s not that helpful.

2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I kinda doubt money flowed to players through his dealership. I do think the dealership does serve or has served as a place to for former player/coach/admin failures to have an easy job after they’re done at Bama.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Facts smacks yada yada. I want people to think it’s a money laundering front carried out by Saban on behalf of the Gulf Cartel.

Although in all seriousness I do think there might be some fire to the smoke over the years surrounding all the rumors about his dealerships and recruiting efforts. Regardless Saban cheats and always has over the years. It’s a well kept secret, sure. But those in that world know. It’s like Jimbo Fisher said in their public feud last off season or two ago: “People think he’s God. Puh-lease. I know where the bones are buried and how Saban became Saban”.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Parents of players would get new cars on lease for like $1 a month and then let their kid drive the car.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We don't talk all the time about water being wet or the sun being hot. I mean bammer cheats. It's what they do.

ole_orange, zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Saban owns the new Nashville Ferrari dealership too.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

NCAA is lobbying Congress like a kid tattling. Congress members would be wise to let them languish. It's not a slam dunk issue for either major party, and this isn't the 90s. If you get involved in sports, people will call it for the spectacle it is.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I didn't know that. They are definitely not getting my business now.

yont sum iss? and VolDad like this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

the twitter Georgia fans have become unbearable. Alabama fans have never been like this.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's a "pay attention to me!" kind of energy from them on twitter. Like they want to be talked about more, hated more, anything. But eh.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

IDK it might be working.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I couldn’t possibly hate Georgia fans more

justingroves likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They’re insecure. They’re like the king’s cousin who usurped the throne and knows his head will eventually roll

IP likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They are the worst. Above Florida and bama fans on the worst rankings.
    I remind them Smart is like 1-9 vs Saban, win last year without playing them and only beat them once when they had weeks to prepare and injuries hit Bama in a revenge game. They may win 3 in a row as they play nobody outside of UT.

15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I remember when playing gawga was an after thought.

warhammer likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

GREAT analogy, that is it.

17. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Holy cow georgias schedule is an absolute joke

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tennessee in Neyland is by far their biggest challenge. Like, not even close.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Georgia has 1 Win over Alabama since 2007

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Oklahoma definately got the tougher schedule between them and Texas.