Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Trying to figure out how they have 23 on one team when the NHL is reporting 11 for the entire league (mostly concentrated in Florida and Arizona). Are they just not bothering to take any precautions at all?

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If there is no tolerance for players getting the virus then they won’t. I had assumed that if/when these sports decided to go back that they were fully prepared for people to get it. Apparently not. Guys are going to get the virus. If they can’t deal with that then there won’t be sports.

justingroves likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I had assumed that most of them got it from one another.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The African American community appears to be harder hit, so hockey should be the safest sport to play at this point. Plus who knows how isolated those players were when they went home. From what I've seen the college age crowd doesn't care about COVID outside of wanting finals cancelled.

justingroves likes this.
  5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

7. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Lots of Pac-12 players sharing a graphic that they're going to sit out if certain COVID/financials demands aren't met. Apparently WSU is telling players that shared the graphic to kick rocks. We're going to see how much leverage these guys have.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why can't the schools just say no? Why do they have to dismiss them for sharing a graphic?

9. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Just read someone from the Athletic clarifying that they didn't lose their scholarships, and the school is supporting anyone who wants to sit out. Hopefully just a miscommunication, but feels like slightly more. We'll see.

IP likes this.
  10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I laugh everytime I see Rudy carpenter in charge of this. Guy spent his post grad years tending bar and going bong hits

11. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Do you think there is anything to this?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Player recorded his convo with the coach. Tbh, I don't see anything scandalous in the specific phone call.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Honestly don't think the list is too far out of whack other than the 50% revenue sharing. A lot of it is an easy no-brainer fix.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm also still cringing over a 400 person GroupMe thread.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm in a 30 person group for a program I'm in and its almost useless at that size. Can't imagine 400 people, even if its just a bulletin board.

17. Ssmiff

Think somebody showed me a video of that one time. What # were you?

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

20. Ssmiff

Coach says i told you not to use the wod "n..." and is the one who apologizes. Whatever. He shoulda known better but the end result is PC bullshit.