Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee would never spend 20 million to fire a coaching staff, they would let it hit complete bottom before firing and only spend 14 million.

warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

screw you larry scott

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/j...-it-didnt-may-have-cost-the-oregon-ducks.html

Later, Charles Boyle, a spokesperson in Oregon for Gov. Kate Brown let loose: “Let me stress that, up to this point, we have received no written operating procedures for approval from the Pac-12 for the upcoming season under the new guidance, and we have no details from the conference about their new rapid testing proposal. Until we have those details, we can’t move forward in the process.”

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

"What is it you do here, exactly?" moment from office space

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

seriously how the hell is this not your first priority as a commissioner? you just decide to do this once the big 10 announces they are coming back?

justingroves likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would expect to be searching for and organizing ways to play ASAP, considering multiple scenarios, since March. For every sport individually, with and without most students on campus. because what else are you doing if no one is playing? it's literally your only job.

justingroves and droski like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Doesn't he pay like 6 million a year on rent for the PAC 12 office?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

#11 Oklahoma State looking like they are going to lose to Tulsa. This year may be so abnormal, that anyone has a puncher's chance.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya. Why they don't have their headquarters somewhere affordable, I have no idea. There are infinite suitable choices in California, Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oregon. Hell, put it in Stockton, CA. I just saved them millions and it changes nothing logistically.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hell, the most powerful and richest league in college sports is in fricking Birmingham. Doesn't seem to affect them any.

justingroves likes this.
  10. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

So much for all the Dino Babers hype.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Birmingham isn't a bad location for the SEC HQ. I do think it should periodically move, though. But no need to make it be in downtown Atlanta or Miami or something.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

There was hype? When, 5 years ago? Amongst the hypothetical cryptoids known as Syracuse football fans?

13. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Two years ago when they were coming off of their first 10-win season in nearly two decades. His name was being bandied about for some rather good jobs.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, I don't remember or didn't know that. That's quite the change, they look like plain ole Syracuse.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Birmingham is a bad location for anything.

InVolNerable and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Losing Army-BYU really obliterated today's slate. Which is sad.

InVolNerable likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a really good offensive minded coach. He's not a power 5 HC obviously

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Clemson playing The Citadel? Do those [uck fay]ers ever play anyone good?

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Miami looks.......... competent?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not until the playoffs