Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

zehr27 likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Makes sense to me.

Will be interesting to see if we can grow the conference so large we can actually cut out the middle man on broadcasting too.

The monopoly power of the FCC might be the only thing that saves ESPN, ABC, CBS, and others.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

On a personal note I hate it. I like the regional aspects of the conferences but business is business too.

hopefully the districts that make up the conference could fill that gap on the regional flair

NorrisAlan and lylsmorr like this.
  4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m not one of those SEC fanboys, but if they are gonna go full Lannister I’m [uck fay]ing here for it

tvolsfan, IP, CardinalVol and 2 others like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll leave his Christmas tree on the sidewalk again

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

does TAMU not realize that with Texas coming in, they become an interchangeable part with any number of P5 schools? If they stay, it is within their power to demonstrate supremacy, if they leave then everyone will always know they ran away and are exactly who they fear being.

TAMU leaving is incredibly self-destructive, they're dumb for even posturing about it.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I don’t think they’re thinking about leaving. Because you’re right, it’d be absolutely idiotic on their part. I think they’re meeting to see if there is anything in their contracts that would allow them to block Texas from joining.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m sure there’s somebody in 1947 that felt exactly like I feel now

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

As if Sankey would put anything like that in their contracts

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If they’re not careful Kelly may ask Sankey to operate a high camera on a windy day

zehr27 likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a post on there from a TAMU person who thinks the NIL change is "sleazy" and part of the reason they are losing interest in college football. WHAT?!

14. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Desperate times desperate measures

15. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

“Big 12 officials have discussed a structure in which Texas and Oklahoma would receive additional revenue shares as a way of enticing the two schools to remain in the conference rather than pursue a future in the SEC, conference sources have told CBS Sports.

Such a structure would grant the Longhorns and Sooners an additional half-share annually (1.5 shares each), bumping their payouts to approximately $56 million per year. The other eight schools would decrease their payouts accordingly. Big 12 schools currently average $37 million in annual TV rights earnings, including revenue from bowl games and the NCAA Tournament.”

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Aka, please don't go. We will take pay cuts if you please stay

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That is incredibly short sighted and a problem waiting to happen, anyway. Big 12 is going the way of the SWC. I'll bet the Big Ten-ish is salivating at the prospect of adding Iowa State and Kansas, though.

IP likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, you give them more shares and the other teams will be bolting next and you will have a league of two.

Big 12 is done.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep, it will just increase the imbalance in the future.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I got a good laugh out of this proposal. The AAC deserves to be a power 5 over this potential hot garbage.