POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wouldn't expect a different answer from you. Her Nanna needed help, she has the means, and won't help, instead, politicizing it to blame the enemy Republicans, as dem leaders do at every chance.
    And if others need help, take the gofundme money and help them instead of refusing it due to from where it came from

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t have any use for any of them, regardless of what they have or have not done in the past.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

She literally did nothing to help fix the situation since it happened 4 years ago. Took pics last week. She had the means to help the last 4 years and chose to politicize instead. Shocked I tell ya

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

She said she was "shocked" to find her grandmother was in this situation when she was finally able to visit her, which should, obviously, infer she didn't know for four years.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

She is highlighting the obligation the US government has to Puerto Rico, and using her personal connection as a reason for highlighting that the obligation is going unfulfilled.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m sorry. I don’t buy this. Does she give a shit about her grandmother? How could she go 4 years without knowing?

Ssmiff likes this.
  7. fl0at_

I mean, we give a shit about Tennessee football, and there are a ton of us that go for 4 years thinking everything is fine...

8. Unimane

Looking up her tweet, she said she hadn't been in over a year because of Covid. So, it wasn't four years, according to her.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

When was hurricane Maria, the event that caused these issues she is pointing out?

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Regardless of the letter by their name

zehr27 likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just need a sufficient mass effect field

emainvol and Indy like this.
  13. Unimane

In 2017. And? The relevant issue is still something else.

Point was, if this was just a "Look at how bad my grandma's house is, why won't the government do something for her?" sort of argument by AOC, then the criticism of her would have merit. As it is, she noted how this sort of thing was a problem all over Puerto Rico while using a personal experience as an example, even though she was taking care of this personal experience in her family herself. Despite what's mentioned, the woman isn't by any means rich, either.

So, the critics of her here are disingenuous in their arguments and, worse, mocking the situation of the people there to score political points. If they truly gave a shit, they would've raised money for the people of Puerto Rico. But, that ended once they deemed they "owned" her.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You were replying to the people saying 4 years, claiming it’s only been 1 year+, according to AOC. I’m telling you why those people are saying 4 years.

You don’t have to be rich to be generous or pay to fix a roof in Puerto Rico.

15. Unimane

So, the important part still in this whole story is trying to determine a timeline for when AOC should have helped her grandmother and how? I don't know if her grandmother had a savings of two years and then it ran out before AOC could visit her or whatever the situation was, neither does anyone else. I do know that AOC did help her on her own, so the idea she just now decided to do so after 3 1/2 years arbitrarily after knowing her conditions seems a bit illogical.

It remains the least important part of the story, regardless.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is exactly like the "you didn't built that" fake controversy. Intentionally not understanding what was communicated. It bears no fruit and is in essence just malice towards others.

Unimane likes this.
  17. fl0at_

And being charitable doesn't alter the obligation the US government has to Puerto Rico. Even worse, what if the charity causes people to stop looking at the obligation? What if AOC fixed the roof, and then never gave thought about it again? In such a case, charity would be masking a failure.

18. fl0at_

And this also makes no sense to me.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Politicians are more about a photo op than they are actually helping the majority of the time, regardless of if they're Republicans or Democrats.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]