POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Concussions are no good.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How soon are projections of their decline?

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

About 10 years ago. I will believe it when I see it, as this is a lot like the calls for America's doom the last 40 years. I think China is a lot less stable than the USA, and they have a LOT of issues, but a total collapse? I will believe it when.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some would say they are already in decline. Decline and collapse are two different things, and somewhat subjective. The benchmark was this supposedly going to be the "Chinese Century." That seems like it is not materializing at all.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

it’s the history of China.

it will break up into regional controlled powers again and more internal conflict and fighting.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

they’re already in decline.

they’re already lying about their population numbers and you can’t play catch up. Because you’re already 20-35 years too late.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I also find it scary as hell that the global oil market is relying basically Russia having a floating raft to hold their supply to get it into ports.

if someone takes or sabotages those rafts, it would shut down all of Russia’s oil market.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

For those who don't know, China's demographics are messed up, in that the slightly top heavy pyramid that causes issues in the US and Europe was exaggerated in China by the One Child policy as well as negative incentives for having families in general through the labor standards. Even with that stuff gone, birth rates continue to decline and it is creating a labor shock. Their large labor pool is pretty much what gives them clout.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

All sorts of global infrastructure is held together with hope and a prayer these days. Investment focuses on short term opportunities or liquid assets, not infrastructure.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Remember the Suez Canal getting blocked, as an example.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This is more Russia not being able to put insurance on the ships needed to deliver to the markets still taking Russian oil.

America would be okay if this goes side ways because we’d just cut off our oil to the global market, but it would be really damn ugly for a lot of places.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think it will happen like the USSR and I think it will be swift and shocking. could be next year. could be 20 years. the real problem is we can't trust any of their economic data so we don't really know how strong they are.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

They are experiencing some extreme heat waves and drought right now that we haven't really seen the scale of in modern times. It is getting very little coverage but it is really, really bad.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's been effecting lead times already so I expect we will hear something soon. Slow the supply chain at it because newsworthy quick.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here's a thread talking about the scope and depth of the heat wave being experienced there:

16. NorrisAlan

Yangtze river down really low and exposing old statues:

[​IMG]

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Communists are seething.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Glen Casada is a bit of trouble. Just a bit.

19. NorrisAlan

Both men are charged with:

• theft from programs receiving federal funds;
    • bribery and kickbacks concerning programs receiving federal funds;
    • honest services wire fraud;
    • conspiracy to commit money laundering
    • using a fictitious name to carry out a fraud;
    • eight counts of money laundering;
    Well, that is a full house of bad right there.​

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

So gas prices have now dropped for 70 consecutive days, the second longest streak since 2005. What really changed? If this is all refinery stuff, could we not do something to smooth this out and add more predictability?