Real Estate Team Name

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by DownNDirty, Jun 24, 2016.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Ok guys you all can chime in and help me on this. I have been in banking for most of my adult life but have basically for the past 6 years managed all bank real estate at the place I work. On my advice my wife became a realtor a little over 2 years ago. She ventured out on her own last year, and while still working for Keller Williams, she is a solo agent not working for someone else. This year so far she's done really, really well. I took all the classes last year for my license and never finished. But now I'm getting ready to take the tests myself to get licensed to do it on the side. So, she is going to form a "team" that we will market ourselves as a team. She's planning on bringing in 2 other agents to work on the team for her also.

But we don't want to just be the (Insert last name) team like everyone else. I have always been a big rasslin fan and understand marketing and the importance of getting your name and face out there. Right now I have come up with 3 team names all with pluses and minuses in my mind. I've ran these by several people and all have gotten good feedback but a couple have got more positive comments from friends and family. I would like some honest opinions from you all. I know that you guys will shoot me straight and give honest feedback unlike some people that will just try to be nice. Hell, not every idea is a winner. Just tell me some honest opinions here if you don't mind.

Team names under consideration:

The Sunnyside Team - with some type of sun logo. Major slogan would be "Keep on the Sunny Side" with us. All the marketing would obviously be around different plays on the sun.

The Yin-Yang Team - my wife and I are polar opposites. We would make some plays on that with the Yin-Yang team and logo. The logo will have the black/white colliding with gray smoke coming off of it. The slogan would be "Real Estate is not always black and white."

The Alpha Omega Team - with the slogan that, "We serve your real estate needs from the beginning of your journey to the end." Or something to that effect.

I may have some more ideas or be given an idea we like better but those are the 3 frontrunners right now. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sunnyside team is the strongest. I'd stay far, far away from Yin-Yang team.

3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

After I get a few more comments I'll tell you all my actual thoughts. I will say that the Yin-Yang deal has had the most responses on both sides of the fence. Some love it some absolutely hate it. There is no middle ground on that one.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

good logic not calling it "the downndirty group" or whatever. studies have shown that putting your name in your business makes people assume it's a small operation and significantly decreases the selling price of the business. other than that I don't have much advice. i'd probably stay away from any puns and the like.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Historical or Native American names might be something to browse.

Are you in Alabama? Or was it Virginia? You could also look at "state-specific" stuff.

The issue I had when naming my business is that a lot of the names were already taken.

6. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I'm actually in East Tennessee. Based out of Johnson City but cover all of the Tri-Cities including Kingsport, Greeneville, Jonesborough, Elizabethton, Bristol, Erwin, and Rogersville.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one of the biggest real estate companies out here is called "rodeo reality" you know after rodeo drive. if you have some area that's similarly considered high end that's a way to go.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You could even go "Tri-City Reality" if not already taken.

9. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

There's already a Century 21, Remax, and one other in the area that has plays on Tri-Cities in their names. Hometown, Mountain, anything with Tennessee, etc are all played out around here as far as team or group names.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Team Analytics -- Workin' comps like heck.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

figures.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

What about something like Home and Hearth Realty.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Something that ends with group. It always sounds more professional to me. Like The Sunnyside Group.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Group does sound better - but also makes me think they handle more commercial real estate than residential.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Is there something that might clearly identify you as East Tennesseean and those around would get but the rest might not. Maybe a landmark or gathering place. Maybe historical homes in the area went by a certain name.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You + wife + 2 other people + wrestling = Four Horsemen Realty

/thread

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

nice

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Trio Realty / Trio Realty Group - Plays on the Tri Cities aspect.

Depot Realty - References Johnson City's history with the railroad.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Three City Reality

Sunnyvale Reality

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Realty of Champions