Recruiting.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 9, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Maybe he got to Georgia Southern and realized he was better than the FCS level. Just a thought. Wouldn't be the first time ever.

2. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

lol.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm highly skeptical of basically everything about my namesake, but I will wait for him to actually fall on his face before saying he has done so.

4. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Have no idea. Could have been a grades issue as well. Sounds like he was ready to make a decision this week for either Indiana or K-State and we entered the picture. Now he's waiting until after his OV here.

5. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Good approach to it IMO. I don't mind being a skeptical, bandwagon fan in this case. Been burned for way too long and way too many times.

If he is to become as successful as we desire, IMO it will be a rocky 4-6 year rebuild. In addition it will take some current SEC big dogs like Saban and Spurrier retiring, with others such as Miles, Richt, Sumlin and Muschamp hitting some rough patches. Tall order.

6. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

C-Patrick drops from the commitment list as expected. Headed to juco.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Kevin Wilson's a sharp guy and Bill Snyder's body of work speaks for itself. I can live with a guy they find scholarship worthy.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This. And Hugh Freeze has had some success with JUCOs as well.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We've lost the JUCO LB Campbell. Signing with Texas tomorrow.

10. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Was CBJ trying to keep him? Had not heard anything.

The Jason Smith QB thing is not likely to happen either. Found an Auburn press story that he was happy with his commitment and Mahlzahn wanted him for QB.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Should have been dropped back in July...

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can't blame that on Jones (not saying you are).

13. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I would say the commitment list Jones started with will be significantly different than the one that actually signs. If I knew he was going to sign a Rivals 5.7 in every spot except a higher rated RB and WR - I would be happy to call it a day as long as each position of need was filled. Not feeling good at this point.

14. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Another 5.7 3* offered - FL WR James Clark per toos. The trend continues. Some of these guys will work out and be good players. It will take them 2-3 years to get there though.

A clear picture is beginning to emerge in my mind. He's trying to recruit Cincy type system players that are a level higher athletically that what he had there. Will see if it works or not in the SEC.

15. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

He could put all of this together if he can somehow pull Derrick Greene out of his ass. I have my doubts that he gets him tho.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

what disgusts me is that we could have made a big splash already with an offer to Woulard.

17. JD0320

JD0320 New Member

I heard somewhere today, maybe from VolTalk, that Derrick Green had narrowed his choices to UT and Michigan. Maybe Graham is getting close to closing that deal.

18. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I agree smoke. Michigan leads with him and UT leads with momma is what posters are saying on tos and toos. Don't really know what happened with the in-home with Jones.

19. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

That's the hope, that the tie to Jay will bring it home.

20. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Looks like North may be pretty close to committing to UT. North and Green would firm up this class in a big way. And let me say THANK GOD FOR JAY GRAHAM!!