Rucker is Tweeting about Butch and Michigan (I think)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He's as thin-skinned as they come.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

$1.4 mil according to twitter

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not at any price. I kinda do want at least one more signing day. But not at any price.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'd feel upgraded with Cutcliffe, and I think he can be had... easily.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

i get the stability argument, but stable and terrible is an awful combination for any situation.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That's how much we get if he leaves I think.

7. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I'm constantly tempted to tweet at him and just see where it goes. I feel like he would be easy to troll.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I want to see it just so I can see sab's reaction.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

already has this gem:

Random Vol Fan @Sabanocchio
    ยท 3h 3 hours ago
    Hope these new coaching staffs stay away from our assistants. That raise/extension can't come soon enough.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He thinks that he knows, and you are an ignorant piece of know-nothing fecal material

11. JohnnyQuickkick

I don't think awful is accurate, though, at least not on all fronts. I know you only deal in hyperbole though.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will be honest. I do not want another coaching search. Not right now.

Not unless a certain color commentator is still willing to come.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm not exaggerating when describing the coaching. The leadership and recruiting might be all that, but we've really only had one coach in the last 3 decades that couldn't recruit - and that's because he wouldn't. Recruiting here isn't an insurmountable task. We have tradition, history, money, fanbase, facilities and anything else a recruit could want.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

We take the buyout, load it up into giant yellow duffle bags with a slight curve to them, and dump them from a helicopter, shaped like a spider with a 2 painted on the tail, all over Gruden's house. And that's not his salary. That's his signing bonus. "Where's the Y?" you ask? Gruden's the why.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

I don't disagree with the recruiting point but it's inevitable that there will be attrition which we cannot afford, and also dave hart.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have geographic advantages that are difficult to compare to other schools, as well. We border 8 states and are at the intersection of two major interstates. We have an airport right in town. Knoxville isn't a cowtown.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

why can't we afford attrition? are we going to do worse than beating 3 OOC cupcakes and the 3 worst teams in the conference to squeak into the toilet bowl? Is that really worse than Dooley?

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Whenever there is any hope of being decent at all, we are in the running for any recruit from NC, Va, and Ohio who wants to play in the SEC. Our geography isn't this albatross. It's certainly not a Nebraska type wasteland.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wish people would quit believing in whatever employee is currently occupying the position of coach, and start believing in the brand. There is a statue of Neyland up front for a reason: that is what a UT coach is supposed to be like- and I don't mean kneeling. It isn't and never will be Butch Jones Stadium. Coaches will come and go. Believe in the brand.

20. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yeah. Really doesn't matter. If Butch leaves we will hire someone who gets similar results.