Rucker is Tweeting about Butch and Michigan (I think)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

we already have a thin roster. It needs to get better. attrition means another couple of years of middling.

And Dave Hart is doing the hiring.
    Dave Hart is doing the hiring.
    Dave Hart is doing the hiring.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

When Dave Hart hires, them, better believe they come and then they go.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I can't fathom how someone can witness his Gameday performance in 2 years and still foresee greater success than the scenario you just described from Butchie. He is inferior to Muschamp and Gary Pinkel runs circles around him.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

even a dog's ass shines sometimes.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

Ok

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

When you lube it, you sick bastard?

7. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Anyone wanting a coaching search right now is a lunatic.

It doesn't matter what his record is right now, if he leaves we're back in a ditch wondering how long it is going to take this time. If giving a raise and extension to a .500 coach is what levels us out then so be it but I'm so tired of going back in the hole looking towards the light.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

why would you be back in a ditch?

9. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Because we have yet again another year 1. We yet again have to salvage a recruiting class, we yet again have to install new systems with new assitants.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

I'm not sure. First off I'm not sure how much more he's got in him. I think Cutcliffe does an excellent job teaching and preparing an offense from Sunday to Friday. I think he's an average-to-frustrating gameday guy, and he better bring a stable of guys who are going to kill it on the recruiting trail. Yeah you can recruit to Tennessee but you still have to do it.

11. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

He can't leave, the fan base is paying off his house.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That was an awesome thread.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

that just makes it easier, doesn't it? one less loose end.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dave. Hart.

Yes, he can accidentally back into a great hire, but I could also win the lottery. I am not going to take all of my money, borrow another 50k and buy lottery tickets with it.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not all of that is necessarily a negative change.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I understand that certainly, but if I was you I'd be excited at least by the possibility, even remote, of upgrading.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

year 1 isn't a bad thing with a good coach and staff. Year 2 is a very good thing. As it stands today, another year 1 and year 2 appear to be in our near future. Waiting an extra year isn't of much value.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Exactly

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think there is more reason to believe that we'd hire the white guy from CHIPS than Chip Kelly.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm hard pressed to see next year being substantially better with Butch, than with a new coach. Maybe it would be. Maybe he'd be lights out.

But if we are only holding on to him "for next year's recruiting class," we don't have a coach. We have a recruiter.