Saving Butch Beyond 2017

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Apr 5, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There were actually people arguing Butch deserved a raise for beating Mizzou whenever he finally beat them, because that was progress. Never mind that Mizzou clearly dropped way, way off from the years prior.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Underrated post. Clue is one of my guilty pleasures.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

At least. It was brutal to watch.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

2009 UCLA was a coaching masterpiece compared to 2008. We averaged like nine yards a carry, made a billion interceptions, and had the athletes on defense to where we could have held them below 100 total offensive yards.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That game was Chavis' masterpiece.

7. NorrisAlan

It is amazing how much of the last 10 years has been erased from my memory as far as UT football goes. I have no recollection of these games.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Completely shut the UCLA offense down. Then a few freak plays (Crompton INTs and blocked punt) let UCLA back in the game. Chavis goes prevent and starts giving up 15 yards a play to let a terrible QB and OL march down the field multiple times to beat us.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'd like to forget this, anew.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also they lost to BYU by like 70 a week later.

11. CardinalVol

We man coverage and went after the QB the entire first half. 4 INTs if I remember correctly.

After halftime we go into full blown mustang, they hit us fr multiple 5 yard hitches that turn into the 15 yarders, and we never adjust.

Then Hardesty is running on them at will, and we keep throwing the ball.

12. CardinalVol

I'm also now trying to remember which week it was when Clawson admitted that Crompton wasn't allowed to audible and that his reads were only half the field.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The 5th series of that UCLA game he admitted it, even if he didn't say it out loud.

14. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

15. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

16. NorrisAlan

Only if the other 6 teams in the east are put on sanctions. And even then he would find a way to **** it up.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not sure why heading to Atlanta to be slaughtered while representing the worst East in history is achievement enough to warrant continued employment. The guy has underachieved consistently and needs to overachieve big time just to get his balance back to zero. He better win the SEC.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

For me, personally, I need him to shut the **** up, stop spouting stupid cliches, win the SEC in 2017 and start getting all the in state talent that's starting to pop up.

If he does that, I won't cringe when people mention his name

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, even if he does all of those things I still want him to gtfo of Knoxville.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Agree, but we both know that winning the east is above and beyond what's necessary to save him.

He wins the east for the first time since '07 and he's getting an extension.