SCOTUS to Rule on Union: Could be "Radical" Change

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 22, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The public unions were negotiating mandatory raises during the worst recession of our lifetime. I think they're political pull is just fine

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I assure you id resign immediately if I thought a dime of my money was going to that slimeball. But forgive me for thinking hiring one person who worked for frank isn't quite the same as spending hundreds of millions to get your political buddies elected.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Raise your union...err..professional organization dues and get busy in DC. I'm sure non-union types contributing to politicians is just "good govt" and/or "participating in the political process".

So, you think they should have no influence because you disagree with them? If that's the standard, I have some specific groups that I'd love to apply that standard to as well.

4. JayVols

You're right. The Koch brother gazillionaire types would never stoop that low.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

As for the insurance industry. It is the only industry on earth where I have to provide a document to anyone over the age of 70 that essentially says it's highly probable I'm ripping you off. It is also the only industry where you have 60 days to get your money back even if services were already rendered. Once again if their lobby has that type of pull then they are doing a terrible job.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm not following you. They are financial planners?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You seriously can't see the difference between political lobbying and literally electing the person who is in charge of your salary? Or the president directly violating bankruptcy law in their favor?

8. JayVols

Really? After the "getting your buddies elected" comment?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They are setting the koch's wages?

10. JayVols

Gov't policy has absolutely no influence on how much money is made in the country? Laws aren't passed that directly benefit certain businesses/people? Are you really claiming that? Because if you are, we live in different countries.

11. JayVols

And you can't see how people like the Kochs get people elected to directly benefit them.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You are talking theoretical and I'm talking about direct embezzlement that by the way the American people pay for directly. If you have some real examples of laws recently passed I'm all ears.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Example? I mean we live in such a pro business political environment

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Theoretical? Wow.

15. JayVols

Tax policy.

Or is that just "good government"?

You just agree with one form and disagree with another. Admit it. They are the same creatures.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

There must be hundreds of examples. Let's see it. Dodd frank was a real boon for the business community you know.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

How in the world is tax policy pro business in this county? We have among the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Also how has it gotten better recently for businesses?

18. JayVols

In other words, "I hate unions; therefore, they should have no participation in govt, but businessmen should have extra access."

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Horseshit. Give me examples of recent pro business laws?

20. JayVols

You don't think some folks are trying like hell to change that?