Sen. Tom Cotton on GITMO

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not at all, and this will be the last time I bother to respond to this silliness. I just pointed out two examples off the top of my head, and all you have is "Bullshit." I wonder why you need me to be a cardboard cutout? I think it is probably because you don't like to have to discuss and debate every view you come to, and would rather comfortably enjoy your knee-jerk emotional response. "Dang terrorists can rot in hell!" Rational.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't see this as an issue on where the prison is but one of due process. I don't think that should be a left or right issue.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, stop 53. Here you go again going in your partisan lock-step. **** due process, be a free thinker!

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Last time you respond?

No you'll once again find a way either in this thread or elsewhere to inject your party line thought regardless of what is right, wrong, best or worst. You can't stop yourself. It's like a program that has went awry.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I don't think I'm being clear. I think it is safer for the terrorists to be out of the country. I would rather them be here so prisoners in the USA would shank them, Sons of Anarchy style. Like 20 stabs to the neck until they bleed out.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Have they been taken in response to a authorized military action?

If not, then the ACLU should helo in, STAT.

If so, then they are subject military and not criminal law.

7. Tenacious D

Wait, I really do think that all terrorists should "rot in hell".

And I think that we should send them there, post haste.

Is that wrong of me?

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If I remember correctly, a large number of them were just in limbo and hasn't been charged with anything. I

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So they're prisoners of war?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. But not everyone at Gitmo is a terrorist. And even the world is rather empty these days, the way it is widely cast. Some of these folks never raised a weapon against an American.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh? Are they POW's?

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

due process? isn't that one of the issue here.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

raising a weapon is the lone qualifier?

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

depends on which designation best suits our needs.

15. Tenacious D

Perhaps unpopular to some, this is the absolute and only truth of the matter.

They are what we say they are.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm for due process and it's a huge linchpin in our society - for Americans.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, all bets are off? They can do whatever they want to us, if they feel justified, as we can do anything to them, if we feel justified? I'm not for requiring a reading of their Miranda Rights or anything, but some equitable system of identification, legal process and justification for holding individuals must be put into place. I'm not for rounding up foreign nationals and holding them without some kind hearing, or something similar.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

shouldn't we just trust our government?

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

RIP Chris Jackson