send in the clowns

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by snoball5278, Sep 25, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have a hard time believing that Obama will take his offer to assistance seriously

2. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Was this a request by the President or is Sharpton simply inserting himself into the search by force ... which has obviously been his method for 30 years.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'd like to think not, but Obama has surrounded himself with sycophants and morons to date. Bush sucked, but he assembled a very, very strong cabinet. Obama picked a known tax dodge to head up Treasury for goodness' sake.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I highly doubt Sharpton is given much consideration in developing actual policy. Still, he has no business near those discussions.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i am in awe. that's perfect.

[​IMG]

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Seems to be trying to insert himself as usual.

The Rev. Al Sharpton said his civil rights organization, the National Action Network, is "engaged in immediate conversations" with the White House as they work to name a successor to Attorney General Eric Holder, who is set to announce his resignation Thursday afternoon.

"We are engaged in immediate conversations with the White House on deliberations over a successor whom we hope will continue in the general direction of Attorney General Holder," Sharpton said in a statement.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment about whether Sharpton is involved in the decision-making process for Holder's successor.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/al-s...he-next-attorney-general-2014-9#ixzz3EM4tcz7g

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

This of course puts Obama in an awkward position. Now he either has to grit his teeth and let Sharpton volunteer his two cents, or publicly embarrass Sharpton and alienate some of the Left.

The sensible thing to do is to release a statement politely saying they welcome input from all, and give an email address in which Sharpton and others can send it. I really wish politicians would quit giving this guy credibility.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Who wants to be associated with a snitch? ...and not the cool Harry Potter kind of snitch either...

9. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

How many people would he alienate? I mean, really?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't think it's awkward. He can easily say that he'll caucus with his current staff to put forward the best candidate for the job.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know, but a few. But if anyone can get away with snubbing Sharpton, it is mmm. mmm .mmm. Barack Hussein Obama.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

you saying Barack tastes good.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

[youtube]9Ty7WU872Lk[/youtube]

14. Unimane

I don't think Sharpton curries as much favor with black people/leftists as he thinks he does or the media gives him credit for. He's a loud attention seeker in the biggest media market in the world and benefitting from some who keep seeking a modern day MLK.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think this is true. Unfortunately, too many similar carnival barker types have become politicians and incumbency advantage keeps them in office.

16. Unimane

Yeah, a veritable Dream Team creating a shit show for 8 years. Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Gonzalez, etc. were much worse than Obama's.

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I hope it's Cynthia McKenney.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Exactly. No talent on the team at Bush's house.

Rumsfeld is so far superior, in almost every facet, to the current idiot that the comparison doesn't even make sense. That said, I suspect you have no remote idea what he demanded of his commanders and senior military advisors on a daily basis. You probably like the current clown's approach.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have to be joking.

Like 8 retired generals called for his resignation, and allegedly a majority of the officers in the field felt the same. Not to mention the prisoner abuse shit.

20. Unimane

How could anyone possibly be worse than a Secretary of Defense who was incompetent to the point of having generals publicly calling for resignation over his "abysmal" leadership in Iraq?