Severe Weather Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Aug 18, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. CardinalVol

3. CardinalVol

4. CardinalVol

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That’s absurd.

6. CardinalVol

That creek has flooded before, but never like this.

Pistol Creek has flooded pretty much the entire greenway the best I can tell.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think my parents are at about 10.5 inches of rain on the month and they have a creek running through their yard now. It’s definitely been a wild year.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My brother can't get to my dad's house, all the roads are closed going in and out

9. CardinalVol

I don't really really concerned about flooding, but this one has me very concerned. If it rains overnight as expected, it's going to get scary.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My brother said they're expecting 5 more inches?

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If it’s a personal concern, think about getting your electronics off the floor and getting the furniture up on 4” blocks or so. Take things upstairs that are easy to move.

I even sandbagged my doors for Harvey. It wouldn’t have helped had we got the feet of flooding many got, but it would have kept us from dealing with a ton of crap had we gotten a couple of inches of flooding. Turns out our neighborhood was safe but water wreaks havoc.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

IMG_22781.jpg

My brother trying to get to Dad's house

13. CardinalVol

14. CardinalVol

No, not personal, more big picture

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just pray we don't get any wind. Trees will be falling all over the place

Road that I come down to get home is about to crest over. The water is already about 6-8' deep on either side of it.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We cancelled our trip up to the father in laws in Kingsport today because of all the standing water everywhere.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Overton county is in a really bad situation.

18. CardinalVol

What's going on?

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Hawkins is in bad shape too. Police & EMS are advising folks to stay home. The was a mudslide on Hwy 70 near Rogersville. Took out the road completely & took 2 vehicles with it. One hospitalized & one killed. The parking lot & road in front of my church is completely flooded too. A 200 year old grist mill weir dam is in danger of failing on Big Creek in Rogersville. The sides are being eroded away. Schools have been closed since Wednesday. Don't look for them to be open Monday, but no word yet. It's bad.

http://www.timesnews.net/Government...egion-due-to-flooding.html?ci=stream&lp=1&p=1

http://www.timesnews.net/Law-Enforc...-in-stable-condition.html?ci=stream&lp=15&p=1

And it's STILL pouring.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The Holston River is way out of the banks behind my house & a creek immediately behind my house is flooding out of its banks because it can't empty into the flooded river.

Getting a little concerned.