Severe Weather Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Aug 18, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Just tell them you have a cough. They've already gone from 1 to 4 in, what, two weeks?

kmf600 likes this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

yeah but he’s essential.

All they have to do is tell him to put on a mask and to social distance and much as he can

3. fl0at_

Bringing in someone self reporting symptoms, even if essential, would probably violate some ordinances.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It would, and would not surprise me if they did it. I work for a municipality, and they just rewrite the rules when they see something they don't like

justingroves and Volst53 like this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is great.

[​IMG]

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Man, I haven't seen the models swinging so widely on landfall for a hurricane this close to landfall in a long time.

First, Marco swing from Houston landfall Tuesday to NOLA landfall Tuesday to now just a horizontal graze of LA as a tropical storm tonight/tomorrow.

And the models for Laura are all over the place. Euro and UKMet now showing Houston landfall on Wed night Thu morning after showing LA last night while GFS holding to landfall east of the LA/TX border. National Hurricane Center still holding to a border landfall.

The storm keeps reorganizing/drifting southwest below Cuba today, which might continue to push forecasts to the west more toward Houston. But NHC to this point doesn't appear to be biting on that.

Laura has a good chance of landfalling as a major so we'll have to watch closely the next day or so around here to see how forecast develops.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The most reliable indicator for severe natural hazards has just been triggered in Port Arthur, Texas. The Waffle House has closed and gone dark. A closed Waffle House in August indicates a major hurricane landfall is imminent and/or severe flooding.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah looks like the eastern coastal plain of Texas / southwest LA are going to be in for a really bad night tomorrow night.

9. CardinalVol

I am still amazed by how quickly Marco fizzled out (insert your Rubio campaign jokes here). Went from deadly to nothing almost immediately.

10. fl0at_

Rubio doesn't fizzle. Rubio blazes. Look how high he was for this interview a few days ago.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• MR.PNG
      MR.PNG
      File size:
      290.7 KB
      Views:
    justingroves likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

I am proud to say I've not watched one second of either convention.

justingroves, NorrisAlan and Ssmiff like this.
  12. fl0at_

I don't know of anyone who has, either. I'd wager Tenny hasn't missed a second of Trump's sermons.

reverendgeneral likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I saw a clip of Melania Trump speaking and wondered why she hasn't spoken more

SetVol13 likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I also saw a clip of Kamala speaking and wondered why she didn't speak more

SetVol13 likes this.
  15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It was an outrage that she redid some gardening at the WH.

I'd say she's smart by staying out of the public, even though she's very well spoken

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I cannot wait to see what our first First Dude is going to do around the White House.

BBQ pit anyone? Man Cave?

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd have a damn outdoor pool with a swim up bar.

You could get some pretty hot ass in there. girls would kill to instagram pictures of themselves at the WH.

18. CardinalVol

I would single handedly add one trillion to the debt myself.

And when it was time for us to go, it would be me you wouldn't get out of there.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You would make the Clinton's blush, eh?

20. CardinalVol

Buddy, I'd be living the dream. BBQ pit, nautral gas grills, baseball field, football field, driving range, batting cages, pool, shooting range, etc.

I ain't gonna do jack for 4 or 8 years except live it up. Be a press conference and you will see golf balls flying through.