Site Fee

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 22, 2015.

?

What monthly amount would you pay to access the 8th?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2015.
  1. $0 Keep it Free - Or I'd Be Gone

50.0%
  2. $1

4.2%
  3. $2

4.2%
  4. $3

4.2%
  5. $4

8.3%
  6. $5

12.5%
  7. $6-$10

8.3%
  8. $11 - $15

4.2%
  9. $15+

4.2%
  1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm sure the mods would have no problem with returning the money paid by someone who eventually got banned.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

My original point was basically that making this a pay site won't do anything other than removing asterisks for certain words. There isn't an added bonus for any original member to stay. On VQ you're paying for insider info 15 minutes sooner than other people get. Here you would be paying to talk to people you originally talked to for free. I think you would probably lose membership honestly.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Top right hand corner is a log out button. Click it.

Then go eat a ****.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think that's what you're best known for.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I wouldn't. If someone donates then is dumb enough to get banned, that's their problem.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

If I want to read a Facebook rumor, or I want the genera opinion of a moron, I'll log on there myself.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Exactly.

Consider it a dumbass tax. 182 and Bass could supply this site to run for infinity if charged each time they tried to formulate a thought.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

The funny thing is, I didn't get that rumor from Facebook. Yet, you guys said I did and ran with it. Its also funny that you are calling me a moron yet aren't correctly spelling words. You must have brain damage from all the ****s you suck.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yea you did.

It's okay. Keep working for that e-cred. You suck at life, might as well have something go your way.

If a pay option keeps out people like you, then I say set the bar high.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Lol

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Can you two wrap this up via PM?

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Most of the people who frequent this site for free but are offering to pay are doing so because they have learned that a small group of people have been shouldering the financial burden that must be taken care of in order for this place to exist. We wouldn't be paying so we could receive new perks. We would be paying so that other people wouldn't have to continue paying for us.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

please

14. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

this. me.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Confrontation like this = viewers and $$.

16. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Akin to the Thrilla in Manilla!

17. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

FREEDOM! - In my best William Wallace voice.

I honestly wouldn't pay a fee here just to post. I enjoy the coversation here, but paying wouldn't be an option for me.

Just being honest, gents.

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I would not either for most sites. This one I like.

19. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

I do too, ho. Honestly though, how many people would pay, based on the amount of regular posters we have here? I like the idea of donation based, but again, would those who didn't donate not be able to contribute or read? Would it be mandatory before you could even view the forums?

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think the purpose is to take a really small forum and condense even smaller. That's the only thing I see from this.