Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Is Milan so far behind 4th place that they can just put all their eggs in the Europa title to get into the less prestigious UCL next year? That would make that stretch run not so painful if they take it easy on the weekends and ramp up on Thursday.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They’re 8 points out of 4th, Inter is falling like a rock, and Lazio is struggling a bit lately, so, no.

If they make the quarterfinals that picture will probably be clearer

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Wenger also said his goal is to qualify via top 4.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

It also worries me a bit that this is Gattuso’s first rodeo as manager

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Have you seen our away form?

Pump in a couple goals early and we will crumble. You got this.

lylsmorr likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

We went into Rome and crushed them today. 2-0, should’ve been 3 or 4. 12 in a row unbeaten. Next week Inter. We are going to kill them. Cannot wait.

7. NorrisAlan

I was happy for the Three Old Men at Man City (Aguero, Kompany and David Silva) all scored in the Caribou Cup final (or is that the Cobana Cup? Cabela Cup? Whatever). Those three have been there for a long time, and made me happy. Especially Kompany.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

9. NorrisAlan

FIFA can go to hell. Time to form FUFIFA and start a new World Cup.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

No offense to Morocco, but that would be about like Oman Arena in Jackson hosting the final 4

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When option B was JerryWorld

12. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s politics, for one, but additionally, who stands to make a ton of money building and refurbishing Moroccan stadiums?

lylsmorr likes this.
  13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Actually I could see a lot of French owned businesses making money off that.

14. NorrisAlan

Are there even two towns in Morocco? Or will all the games be played in one stadium in Casablanca?

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Morocco has Rabat, Fez, Marrakech, Tangier, so there are a few cities. However, there doesn't seem to be enough to do it without much strain, especially as it expands. I think the travel ban stuff is a big factor here, as FIFA tends to place a premium on countries able to get their fan base to the Cup. Us throwing a middle finger to the world isn't particularly helpful.

I also think FIFA has gotten into this enamoring of less prominent nations having an opportunity. Plus, and this may be the biggest factor, FIFA allows all these little countries to have a very similar say in matters and they like to band together. Africa and Asia behind a Morocco Cup will be a difficult challenge.

If we don't get it in 2026, I don't know when we'd ever get another one. 2030 is probably Uruaguay/Argentina for the 100th anniversary and 2034 looks like China.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

FIFA is probably still pissed at the FBI. They'll go where the palm grease is.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Wenger has nothing left to give.

No tactics, no insperation, no answers.

18. NorrisAlan

And the players are hardly trying now for him.

Back 3/4 is just flat footed.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I hope this isn’t a new realization for you

20. ArsenalFanTV should be fantastic here in an hour or two.