Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I saw that but they’re underestimating Kroenke imo

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

His son is alleged to have moved to London for the next 3-4 months in order to get a hands on feel for what is going on, who does what, etc. etc.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We’re going to have a pretty good crowd for a Thursday.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

you'll probably be able to pick me out. planning on being there as of right now

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ll definitely be there. Maybe a bit late, but there.

I’ve stuck around this long, might as well be there for Wenger’s funeral as well.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Uh... have you seen AC Milan play this season? Gattuso has plugged the holes but they still aren't good.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

give us a little credit. we haven't given up a goal in like 600 minutes

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Also, Man City are mind[uck fay]ing the rest of the EPL so hard this season. They've got a Chelsea, the current champions that went head to head with Barcelona and would have beaten them for one mistake, playing them as if Chelsea were a championship side. Then they're losing to FC Basel and Wigan.

The Premier League is overrated. Man City is great, Liverpool and Tottenham are good on their day. United and Chelsea are Burnley with a massive budget. Those teams all have the potential to be massive clubs, but there is so much waste and so much mismanagement in England. They have all the resources, and yet they've been flopping on the European stage since 2012([uck fay] Drogba).

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

OK thats fair, but they're still 7th in Serie A.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Ok, where were they 3 months ago? Look at points, not just position

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

City fielded about 8 backups in today's game, so calm down on the anti-EPL sentiment because of one game.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

Yep

14. JohnnyQuickkick

I think, with all their money, they’ve been getting tricked into spending $6 for a hot dog a lot of the time.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It's not because of the City game, although their backups are all pretty good anyway. "Anti football" is starting to become a trend in England. Burnley is 7th and they barely take any shots at all. Its way too conservative in the EPL, and even when it isn't, rarely is it efficient. As much as I hate to say it, La Liga is still far better. Everyone looks at how good Man City is, and then they look at how close the battle for second is, and assume that this is the toughest EPL. since the late 00's. The first half of the season the top 6 of the EPL was looking like that. But you could lose three of them in the Champions League by next week. They've improved from where it was a few years ago, but this isn't the best league in the world. Not by a long shot.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

2 away goals in hand, and 1 up at home.

Spuds gonna Spud.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Juve is better than them anyway. They shithoused both legs and still won

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Watching Tigres vs. Toronto right now is pretty entertaining. It would be good if the MLS teams could actually make some noise in this Champions League. Usually, MLS teams park the bus and hope something happens on the counter. Toronto and, last night, NY Red Bulls are giving as much as they get.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep. I like seeing the homegrowns do well