Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

So they changed it. Like this too.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What?
    No Altidore?
    No Wando?
    No ZARDES?

This is madness.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

MLS is in season, so they went with Europeans, other than Lletget. I hope he can quite Zardes. Honestly, other than US Soccer wanting to push MLS, our real team for a serious competition shouldn't have more than a few MLS guys. We are loading up in Europe. Imagine being McKennie at Juventus, Pulisic at Chelsea, Reyna at Dortmund, Dest at Barcelona, Richards at Bayern and then coming to play on a team where the coach forces a Zardes and Altidore into the lineup?

4. Unimane

I like what I see. Aggressive and talented. McKennie is a great player.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

A little youthful naïveté but nice to be playing a European side and having the dynamic players, even though Wales isn’t very good

6. Unimane

I don't want to get too carried away, but we might be entering a new stage for the men's team. These guys are talented as hell and young. I know this Musah kid is still trying to decide between us, England and Italy, but, if he does stay with us, this midfield trio of him, McKennie and Adams will be, by far, the best defensive midfield pairing we've ever had. And, that's before we get to guys like Pulisic, Reyna and Dest. McKennie going to Juventus is no fluke. That kid can play. If we can only find a solid #9.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah they have an attitude about them that I love. They want to take the game and make it theirs. Easy to do against this Panama bunch tho

8. JohnnyQuickkick

If Berhalter can make a pairing out of a trio I’ll say it was worth the hiring circus.

in all seriousness if Musah wants to be in the first XI every big game the US is where he’ll be sure to do it

9. Unimane

The second half was a little shaky, but then, of course, we score three goals. A lot of mixing and matching, plus no Pulisic, so it was still a great showing of potential for the future.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Ferencvaros up 1-0 on Juve, Oh God, please

11. Unimane

Nashville has turned out to have put together quite a solid team for an expansion club. Just took down the Bradley/Altidore Toronto team tonight to make it to the East semifinal.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

I appreciate the way they built. If you don’t concede goals you always have a chance.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is the type of analysis I come here for.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I wish they would move penalty kicks back a little bit. The whole guessing and diving by goalies and easy goals has always bothered me. Or dribble up old school style

15. JohnnyQuickkick

Go away

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Whats the fun of 9 guys on a row hittong easy shots for them. Make it a challenge.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Old school style of penalty taking is from the 12 yard spot.

Dribbling up was a cockamamie attempt to “Americanize” the game.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

RIP Diego Maradona

19. Unimane

That was coming. Dude was not a healthy person.

20. JohnnyQuickkick