Sounds Like Barnes Hiring is Imminent

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 30, 2015.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He's one year removed from being named Big 12 coach of the year, correct?

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The heck with it. Im buying in.

I can want change next Jan.

I ll throw in Jones until the end of Oct 2015. May want him canned by then too.

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Texas is perhaps the worst manager of perception in all of college athletics. Their greedy asses disintegrated a really good conference and now A&M is taking their talent to the SEC. This foot in the mouth move isn't surprising. Arrogant, arrogant, ARROGANT!

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All the athletics at Texas reminds me of Georgia's defense. On paper, they should be dominant but on the playing field, they're just slightly above average.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Except the Braves made 5 finals and actually won the whole thing.

7. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

It doesn't shock me that the 3 mentioned said no thanks, all for different reasons. Stevens didn't like recruiting, Bennett has his program rolling and Jay Wright loves himself too much to put up with being behind football. He loves the northeast, couldn't see him in Texas.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

We can expect some pains next year. I won't complain unless we haven't started building a roster after a year.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

While doing a characteristic nose dive at the end of the season.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

So they underachieved based on recruiting websites evaluations of 16-17 year old kids?

11. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Barnes fits in the category of the Chuck Knox of coaching circles. Talented enough to raise expectations but underwhelming in post season play.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i guess i'm part of the problem, but the last 4 years we've been complaining about not even making the damn tournament, mostly...actually underachieving IN it will be a step in the right direction.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

4 first round NBA draft picks since '08. Nothing to show for it. It's not like the evals were off.

14. GahLee

That's a really, really low number. UK will have that many this year alone.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And UK is an anomaly. Michigan State only has 4 since then.

And I was wrong, I was only counting current players. 5 first rounders, plus Dexter Pittman who was at the top of the second round.

Looks like KU has less than ten since then. I thought all these big programs just churned out draft picks?

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Anyhow, we're stuck with him now. For better or worse.

17. GahLee

its not the greatest hire. But my god is it well past anything we've had in a long time.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yeah, those three guys taken in the 2011 Draft are superstars. I'm shocked they didn't go undefeated. Look what great pros they've been. Hell, I think Cory Joseph was a catalyst in Austin winning the NBDL title.

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

All I know is this is without a doubt a better hire than I thought they would make. Whatever that's worth.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Why do I feel like we just hired the basketball version of mid 2000's Phillip Fulmer?