Sounds Like Barnes Hiring is Imminent

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 30, 2015.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

sound was awful. kept cutting in and out. total amateur hour production

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Clean slate. I'm just gonna tune this stuff out until he gets a chance to do his thang.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

This is so ****ing retarded. Quin Snyder being ranked ahead of a dead hooker should be shameful, but ahead of Bobby Knight? This is where stats are utterly useless.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

what in anything to do with basketball are there really only 39 people better than Quin Snyder?

6. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

I'm just sitting here thinking about my mindset in regards to this hire relative to how I felt about last year's hire.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's out there, but you can't deny the guy is a underachiever lately

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Stats aren't the problem, it's the interpretation. This is a fairly objective measure of March over/underachievement relative to regular season performance. A really low ranking could mean someone chokes in March, but it also could mean that their regular season performances raise March expectations so much that they are almost impossible to reach. Cuonzo would have a good score by this measure because he underachieved so much in the regular season that his tournament performance was seen as overachievement rather than expectation.

9. GahLee

I see what you're saying but under no circumstance and no matter the interpretation, it's the single dumbest stat I've ever seen.

10. GahLee

Based on what? The University of Texas' sterling history in basketball? I think there's such a skewed perception of Texas, everyone believes that they're better than they are. Yet they never win shit.

11. GahLee

It's infinetly better.

12. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

Got to hand it to Ole Sly Dave. Forced the 'AA's hand on Thursday--so he could fire Donnie on Friday. Contact Barnes on Saturday, knowing he was going to be fired on Sunday. Fly him to Knoxville on Monday and announce him on Tuesday.

And on the seventh day he rested.

Grinning like a possum eating persimmons.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, it was handled like the rest of the athletic department.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Guy's had a number of 4 and 5 star players come through since his last elite eight and hasn't done shit

15. I hated the hire at the beginning, but getting the 90's Braves of college basketball coaches is better than what we had I guess. I hate that is the attitude around this program, but it truly is.

16. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, back in Austin the search firm Texas hired has managed to piss off Gregg Marshall and Shaka Smart by letting it leak they contacted Tony Bennett, Brad Stevens, and Jay Wright first. They might as well get prepared to write a staggering check or get stuck with someone like Avery Johnson.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  17. GahLee

**** Texas.

18. GahLee

Historically, Texas has never done shit.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I agree. Their constant over estimation of themselves makes me laugh.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What does that matter when you're bringing in top players?