Tenacious D: I was wrong.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Dec 7, 2012.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

First step would be ticket sales and donations. I know neither will come from me this year. Next step would be to find a way to make this whole ordeal as public as possible. Hart and Cheek made this choice and we need to find every way possible to make sure they know how ****ing stupid they are. I have a little faith that the big money guys will be squeezing these guys pretty hard as well.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

self-immolation.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

His title allows him to do this. Thats basically why it was done. It was kind of a **** you, I'm in charge and I will handle this.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

By far the most logical step is to take a mattress out near the rock and set it a-fire.

5. ramblin

ramblin New Member

I came here to read and talk sports and hopefully get some inside info on some things. I almost wish Tenny D would have said he made the whole thing up, that Gruden never had interest. The fact that it came so close and didnt happen is hard to deal with. The thing to do now is support Butch and rid UT of Hart and Cheek. Thanks for the ride to all who contributed any of their knowledge on the search.

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

When can we expect Hart and Cheek's removal? And is there a chance if Jones is gone in 3 years as well as Cheek and Hart than Gruden is a possibility? I would assume we have completely burned that bridge. Plus he would have to stay out of coaching for 3 additional years.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The contract is signed. It is over.

8. DynaVol

DynaVol Member

Bullcrap!!
    Some of us women are mad as hell and want the heads of Hart and Cheek served up so we can ship them back bama and florida. My vote is for a slow moving truck with the heater on high so they can stink those places up on arrival.

Tenny, thank you for posting the info you did. It just proves that you truly love our Vols and wanted the best we could get for the program.

9. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I said in 3 years when Jones is fired.

Anyway - it's only an MOU at this point - would be hilarious if we removed those 2 guys and ripped up his MOU.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The football program may well be beyond salvaging by then.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Gruden will not be available then like he is now. We f'ed up.

12. wpg3ut

wpg3ut Member

O no Bassman, Gruden will be sitting right beside the phone... Really?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
  13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Nice quote fail - and what the **** are you talking about? I think you took my post out of context.

14. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

You the man Tenny, I chose to believe. I wouldn't have believed you if you said it wasn't going to happen.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I like this approach as well.

16. wpg3ut

wpg3ut Member

as usual, huh?

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Too Oriental for me.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

They're not getting a [dadgum] dime from me from any source.

19. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I'm pretty sure Lanny Poffo admitted that he could do that.

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

That could be construed as racist. Better burn yourself just to be on the safe side.