Tenacious D: I was wrong.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Dec 7, 2012.

1. wpg3ut

wpg3ut Member

Amen

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

fcev13r4`223E212

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Nah, overly spicy oriental food gives me heartburn. I love me some oriental women.

4. UTKMBA

UTKMBA New Member

If Jon Gruden was interested, why did he allow his agent to say that Tennessee was living in a "fantasy world"?

5. wpg3ut

wpg3ut Member

Great, we dont get Gruden and i get labeled a troll. How in the hell did this happen?
    wtf

XXROCKYTOPXX likes this.
  6. Volalum

Volalum Member

This is the truth. Myself and many of my family and friends included!!

7. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Thanks Tenny D.

A few questions:

1. Do you know if Strong was actually offered the job?

2. Were any big donors working to sabotage Hart hiring Strong/Gundy/Fisher?

3. Do you think Hart and/or Cheek had malevolent intentions - meaning they made this hire just to spite some people/hurt the football program, etc.

8. douglas

douglas New Member

Even though I am new here, I for one think your projections are well founded. Everything I have read on this site(not just from you) leaned towards the fact that Gruden would be the next UT coach. If nothing else it gave us hope that the higher ups in the school would do it right this time. It gave us something to believe in and I would like to thank you for the post, this site and the opportunity to be a part of it all.

JayVols likes this.
  9. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Tenny, these guys come on here with desire to believe. You provided info that you believed to be true. You gave us hope and excitement. That being said, you're not the one that botched the hire. I think we all witnessed an extreme power trip by an incompetent AD. I hung on to every word you said, not because I wanted to blast you if it was wrong, but because I, like many others, wanted Jon Gruden roaming the side lines next fall.

I think I can speak for many and say that I love this board and am very appreciative of the info you share. Keep up the good work.

PS - **** anyone who feels the need to come roast someone for sharing information, take your slimeball asses back to volnation and suck on freaks ass.

JayVols likes this.
  10. Porklift

Porklift New Member

I just want a little closure on Gruden. Did they think he was too expensive, or that he was unproven at the college level?

11. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Hart didn't want him. Doesn't get much more simple than that.

12. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Hey TD no sweat......... but I am still taking heat on one thing....... Would we have gotten in any issues with the NCAA on the part ownership in the Browns thing or was that for after his tenure at UT? She was so sure we would! So just answer when you get a chance! Site still rocks! Well I guess its time to figure out what kind class and staff he can put together. To Butch Jones......in the words of Al Davis" JUST WIN BABY!" Winning cures all !

VN is for [ussies pay]!

13. Porklift

Porklift New Member

I understand, I was just wondering if there was any insight into the thought process as to why. I'm sure we' ll never know. I'm going to get behind the program though. I'm an optimist that's why I chose to believe Tenny. So I will continue to be optimistic about our next coach until proven otherwise.

14. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Hart is a scared little [itch bay] is my guess. A guy like Gruden gets hired, and this university and everyone around it would bow to him. Hart wants to keep his thunder.

15. volndawgville

volndawgville New Member

Speaking of changing your avi....... :eek:

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not Tenny but Strong was absolutely offered the job. They just have a very good AD who convinced his coach to stay.

Its more like the other way around. Hart and company were working to sabotage hiring Gruden. Hart wanted to get in a [penis] showing contest.

I don't think it was to necessarily harm the program, more of a **** you, I'm in charge of this process.

17. toltmvol

toltmvol New Member

The only way I will ever watch another game would be if Hart and Cheek are gone.Jones might turn out to be ok but we could have had Gruden if not for those two scumbags.

18. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Figured it was appropriate for today, I'll go back to the dumpster fire later.

19. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

How does he think he keeps his job in this situation?

What about hiring Butch Jones does he think will heal the fanbase?

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think a lot of things that have happened on the board the last month or so have been regrettable. It's not a comment on who was right or wrong, but on what the Gruden stuff brought out in all of us.