Tennessee can compete for the division THIS year.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 10, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Vandy may be better, but they still suck.

On another note, when did you get here and where have you been?

Welcome.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't see us beating South Carolina unless Lattimore is hurt.

How talented is Georgia? It's hard to tell.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If Spurrier loses to Vandy with his team this year, it's beyond time for him to hang it up.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He has had 30+ carries in the first 3 ballgames.

UGA is poorly coached and undisciplined. Talent doesn't really matter

5. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

We should beat them. On paper, we are by far the better team. In real life, it is a head-scratcher.

I have been here for a few weeks. Thank you for the welcome. I love this site. I am trying to get on more, it is just sometomes difficult on my mobile device.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep.
    36 degs. and sleetin' that day.

Heard all week about how it was Vandy's year. UTs down. Ooops.

7. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Again, if UT stacks the box, we will probably lose. Garcia has proven to be nothing short of an incompetent quarterback.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Vandy won't do much with ML. If Garcia stays clean USC should win by 2 scores or more. He's gonna have to throw it Vandy for them to have a chance.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mobile is being worked on but if you can, download the app. It's great.

10. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Thanks. I just downloaded the app. Love it.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

With our LBs, we'd stack the box, have a couple of guys out of position, and Lattimore would dart 75 yards untouched to the checkerboards. Agree though...we've got to force Garcia to beat us.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

JT is right. Plus, you stack the box that pits our young corners one on one with Alshon and one safety deep to cover both sides. I don't like that any better. (Teams already stack the box on him and he just trucks people anyway).

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Still, I'd rather Garcia have to beat us than see one of those 30+ 200 yard Lattimore games.

14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Lattimore is the real deal but I think are bigger lbs in our base D match up better then they did with Florida's ridiculous speed and Brewer is ideal for run support. This is where we miss JJ's elite speed and instincts at FS to clean up the back end.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Good stuff ViDL.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Living in Atlanta a win over UGA is huge. I could care less their situation, I want and love to beat them...like a rented mule.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

True, but how quickly can they rebound with a new coach?

18. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Your corners matching up with Alshon will not be of concern if Garcia can't get him the ball. I don't know how many open receivers he has missed the last two games. Ridiculous.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes because I have no doubt Lattimore can and will do it. It's still a 50/50 shot, at best, as to whether or not Garcia can.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Depends on the hire.

UGA has had a history of mediocre coaches. They seem to have caught a break when they hired Richt.