Tennessee can compete for the division THIS year.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 10, 2011.

1. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

he was using a weak argument in that one of the few weak points on this UF D is their corners.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Still, if they have any sense at all, Hunter will be bracketed for a lot of the game, making it difficult to make plays regardless of how good or bad the DBs are.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Hunter is bracketed, where does that leave D. Rogers?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

if i am watching the film, Hunter is a bigger threat, in my mind. it's not like Rogers would go uncovered. Do you feel like we have a chance if Hunter is locked down most of the game?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, I think Rogers would run wild.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

i don't think you are giving Florida's DBs enough credit. they aren't studs, but i'm sure they aren't slouches either.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yes.

8. chavisut

Hunter and Rogers are studs. UF is playing two true frosh a lot back there. Young all around in the DB.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

LSU's 3rd corner last year was Tyrone Mathieu. He's better than any CB on UF's roster by a large margin.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes.

Da'Rick will be posing in the end zone.

It's almost pointless to try and completely take one WR or the other out. Hunter is like a good tailback, he'll get his regardless of what you do. It's better to try and limit everyone else. Da'Rick is right there with Hunter too.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

how can you know that? everyone is claiming UF starts two true frosh. they've played two games that have both been a joke. how can you properly evaluate their talent based on that?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because Mathieu would start for anyone in the country. He came in from day one and made plays. UF's DBs haven't done shit and they've went up against some pretty bad teams. I'm not saying UF has bad CBs but Matheiu is a special talent.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Indy, I feel like you play the devil's advocate in the hopes of being about to claim "I told you so later." That won't work out when you don't offer any evidence informing your opinion. It will just make you look like a jerk, even if Florida shuts us down.

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I tend to think the past ten years have just turned him into a pessimist. Can't really blame him. I'm close. A letdown Saturday and I'm pretty sure I'm there.

15. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

and just so ya know: letdown means an absolute beatdown. We stay competitive for four quarters and I'll still be ok. Not happy, but ok with things.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

either way, that was one game. he didn't see a corner that good for the entire season, and the one time he did, he had 1 catch.

no, i say how i feel and what i think. You guys are making the UF corners out to be scrubs. they have played two games against crappy teams, which is no good way to evaluate their talent. they start for the number 16 team in the nation. that is enough "evidence" for me to give them the benefit of the doubt that they are at least going to be decent.

17. chavisut

You're trying to downplay Hunter, yet give UF the benefit of the doubt?

Bottom line, if UF brackets one of Hunter or Rogers and relies on shutting the other down one on one, it could be a long night.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Logical, isn't it?

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

i never downplayed hunter? i only mentioned the possibility of them bracketing him?

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

show me where i downplayed hunter.