Thank God For Urban Meyer.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Jan 13, 2015.

1. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Don't say such things

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

As long as the have the facilities and phil's money, they will recruit well enough to be a top 1/3rd pac-12 team.

3. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

ha.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I don't recall any negative interactions with Oregon fans when they came to Knoxville in 2010. But you obviously have much more experience with them, so perhaps I just didn't have a large enough sample size.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're utter trash.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

non conference traveling fan bases tend to be far nicer. think about it logically, if you can afford to travel across the country you likely are a) alumni rather than student, b) fairly well off, etc. they are unquestionably the worst fanbase in the pac-12. lot of white trash from rural Oregon.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Hmmm, would you liken them to "Tennessee Trailer Trash"

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

probably

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Fair points.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That's true. How would you rate the UCLA fans? They seemed like good people but again, small sample size.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if they are winning they are the biggest arrogant pricks on the planet. if they are losing they are gone in the second quarter and quiet as shit. their problem is they think they are a big time program. completely delusional sense of their level.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The Big 10 East should be fun to watch in the near future with Meyer, Harbaugh, Franklin and Dantonio. The West is awful, they need re-alignment.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I don't give two shits about basketball. Come to think of it, I don't give one shit about basketball.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I got along well with the UCLA fans that came to Knoxville.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think droski's point probably applies here. The came cross country to watch a crappy UCLA team play in Knoxville. They were likely predominantly reasonably well-off and not the unwashed masses that buy gas for free rides and free tix.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Buy gas? Sab ain't offering to buy gas. Just swing by and pick him up.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

sounds like a deal. Maybe he'll go halvesies on a sixer of Natty Ice.

18. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

you don't have to offer gas money when you bring elite recruiting knowledge and 5,000 twitter followers to the table.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

but you do have to offer the cheap beer?

20. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

that's just good manners.