Thank God For Urban Meyer.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Jan 13, 2015.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

exactly. Red Dog for all my homies.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

This bud's not for you. It's for me.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm laughing out loud.

4. netnvol

netnvol Member

One of my DA friends has a sign up in her office that reads "Don't tell my mother I'm a lawyer. She thinks I play piano in a bordello!" Sums it up accurately.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

hahahaha, you need to fly in like a bird more often.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

My sentiments exactly

7. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

This is the best thread I've read in years....possibly ever. Thanks, Hat.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oregon is dangerous and dumb.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Well if it brings out such a distinguished poster as you it is an outstanding thread.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

And to think you are a Nike guy...

It's easy to be nice to someone you only play twice per century and beat by 5 TDs each time. Tennessee fans, for instance, are thought to be very polite by Louisville fans.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Tennessee road fans have a general rep as nice folk. Used to be considered a tough home crowd, maybe we can regain that swagger.

12. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

LOL.

This argument was about scoring. And you already lost. Are you still going on?

13. kidbourbon

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kid, for whatever reason we can't link searches and the search function is actually not effective anyway as keyword searches apparently only search thread tags.

16. kidbourbon

Here you go then. Start here: http://8thmaxim.com/site/forum/showthread.php?t=12574&page=8

Go through that thread, and then -- because I know you like to -- consider renaming this thread "Hat looks like a buffoon; frantically tries to change subject to save face".

My work here was done a week ago. But I will continue to observe hat's frantics*. And laugh at him.

*Not a word. Should be.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I haven't looked at the thread yet, but I am perplexed as to how you can claim victory when Ohio state smashed Oregon.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Alright, I took a look. I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Baylor was a pet of yours and they looked like a gimmick exposed. Oregon was a pet and they got whooped. WVU lost.

I stand by my early statement: you think scoring a lot of points is a metric that predicts a good team. It isn't necessarily. It is the metric of a team that increases the number of possessions in the game and thus their scoring chances, a team that isn't afraid/ashamed to exploit an opponents weaknesses even when already assured a win, etc. It muddies the water and hides flaws. None of these things are bad, but they aren't "good" either. They are just traits. When Oregon ran into a better defense, stretching the field laterally didn't matter (see: Bajakian). Tennessee could go to the edge against Iowa all day. Does that mean they're better on offense now than when they played SEC defenses that blew that shit up? No.

19. kidbourbon

What in that thread was about a specific offense? May I quote myself? Yes, I will quote myself. And it is from the thread in question.

And it's right, and I stand by it. And a statement that any team was going to "ring the bell" scoring 20 points a game was focking dumb and obviously stated by someone who either doesn't watch CFB, or does watch CFB and is simply retarded. And it was also a statement almost surely made by an individual unwilling to go on record with a predicted score for the final game.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

To be fair, Ohio State probably could have rung that bell scoring only 20 on Oregon.