The 8th fantasy football league

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Aug 9, 2011.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I support this fantasy meltdown.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

2-0.

Still a lot of work to be done, but I like the character and toughness I'm seeing from this squad. This group is as focused as any fantasy team I've ever had.

3. volinbham

volinbham Member

So it was you I beat yesterday. Was sweating out Manningham. He was wide open for a TD on the first drive and Manning threw a pick. On the other hand, if I hadn't benched Blount for punching a hotdog vendor after the first week then I'd have about 15 more points (maybe that will make you feel better)

4. WM

WM Active Member

Need some WR depth BAD.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Didn't even give my roster a look this week. Would have won if I had, oh well.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think it is time to give the wire a look in this week's Flexlove. Should be fun trying to figure it all out in a twelve teamer.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seriously, who loses their top pick and 3rd pick by like week 2? And my 2nd pick has sucked balls, too. It's my sleeper picks that have been keeping me even close.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There is a guy in one of my money league who loses one of his top three picks within the first two weeks every year. Anybody want to guess which quarterback he drafted in the first round this year? Yeah, Vick. Hopefully, for his sake, the concussion won't linger.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, I am desperate at this point. I started out weak at QB and was hoping to be carried by my running backs. That is no longer happening, and my wide receivers are not reliable either. My TE sucks. It's tough to know what to do when every position seems to be on shaky ground.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

My Ben Tate pick looks brilliant now, though.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hasselbeck, Grossman, Henne and Dalton are out there on the wire. Pick two and play matchups.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Actually, I just looked at your QBs. I think they will both be fine in the long run. Still play matchups though, no reason to stick with starting one of them.

13. volinbham

volinbham Member

Guy in my other league does this with Defense. Doesn't keep any one in particular and just plays match-ups of what's on the wire.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Generally a pretty solid way to go. I liked a lot of the early Niners matchups or I would be doing that.

15. volinbham

volinbham Member

Should have done it this week (even though I won both) - Ravens earned 2 points and about the same for the Chargers (going against Patriots). Looks like the best bet is take whoever is playing the Chiefs!

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I had Foster and Manning out in one of my leagues.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

kptvol, drafting Manning early this year is your own fault. Depending on the time of your draft, Foster may or may not have been your fault. Both those guys had injury issues in the preseason.

As far as defenses, I change those up all the time and basically play matchups with best available. I am actually wasting a bench slot on a D this week though, because I like Houston's D going forward but they are playing NO this week.

Emain, take a look at my flurry of maneuverings this week. I'd be interested either here or in your blog hearing what you think.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Didn't realize Miles Austin was injured too. That makes 3 of my top 5. FMMFL.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I blame you.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, I am a 31 point dog to Steve McNair's Ghost this week. My only hope is that Detroit's offense finally becomes mortal.

That felt weird to type.