The Bergdahl Story

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jun 2, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So that justifies this one lying?

I don't suppose that excuse flew with your Mom and Dad; "But everyone else is doing it"

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Of course. As long as one republican president in history did something Obama can do it as well.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I wonder how big the shit-fit would be if Obama were the President that evacuated Marines immediately following a terrorist car bombing of their base in a foreign country.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

QED

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Or invaded Iraq because of WMDs.

Others lied so I guess it of OK for him to continue to insult our intelligence with his.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Bill Clinton said he would have done it so it's a ok. (Using their own argument against them)

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You will have to forgive me for asking you to go back and point out where I said it was OK, because I can't find it.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Apparently not viewing him as the worst POTUS ever makes one complicit. From what I gather.

9. JayVols

Where did I say anything about lying? You're trying to make the argument fit your narrative.

My post was simply to highlight how different sides rationalize things so they feel better. I don't exclude myself either.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So why say this at all?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Can't disagree with that logic. Well said

12. JayVols

Where did I say anything about WMD's or Clinton? You're both trying to make the argument fit your narrative...again.

My post was simply to highlight how different sides rationalize things so they feel better. I don't exclude myself either.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Why not? Is it not true?

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Why else would you say that others also lied if you were not trying to justify his lying?

15. JayVols

You don't hate Obama. You're enabling him....

I too tire of everything digressing into an "Obama is the worst thing in our nation's history!" rants.

I've not been missed, I'm sure, but that's why I try to avoid political topics as of late. I know what it's going to turn into. And I've grown bored with that.

With that, I'll quietly bow out. Please continue.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That distinction still belongs to Carter.

17. JayVols

I lied. One last post before I go.

And forgive me Dooz, if I'm overstepping, but I think he was admitting to one group having a splinter in their eyes while the group pointing out that splinter the loudest has a plank in their eye.

Later.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Haha, at least we've come an understanding of our disagreement.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is amazing that every left leaning person here feels this was a serious mistake, and yet that isn't enough.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I like the translation with log better. It's more appropriate for both sides.