The Blacklist.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by hatvol96, Sep 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

If Reddington hired him, I think Red's gonna be real pissed that he killed Red's bodyguard and money lady. That's off the rails.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Bodyguards and women are expendable assets for a guy like Reddington. If he hired Garrick, how better to camouflage it?

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I made it all the way to the last season. Then I watched the first two episodes and could hardly stand it. Then months later, I thought that I may as well try to finish the show since I didn't even have a full season to go. I made it through the third episode and was done forever. Maybe I'll skip to the end sometime.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

No, he sings the national anthem at street fights.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I fully expect no resolution Monday night. In fact, I have a feeling we'll be left with more questions than answers yet again.

I could buy the Red hiring Garrick theory, except that would go against his 'desire' to help Lizzy.

6. hatvol96

I'd say eventually handing over to her a guy who managed to invade and annihilate a black site would help her standing at work.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Seems like a round about way to deliver a guy who is already number 16 on the list. I definitely like your original theory that Garrick was hired to deliver Red to somebody.

8. hatvol96

That's the most logical scenario. If all he was there to do is kill Reddington, why would he go through the exercise of trying to draw him out of the box? Just kill everyone, then blow the whole place up.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  9. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

I guess I was under the mistaken impression that he and the bodyguard (? Dikembe?) had a strong relationship. Was probably on the bodyguard's side, but not Red's. But I thought their praying together scene was powerful. So you think that Red hired Scarface but Scarface doesn't know it? I like that because it makes Spader even more badass.

10. hatvol96

The more likely scenario is that Garrick is being employed to deliver Reddington. I was throwing out an alternate scenario because it is obvious he's not there simply to exact revenge.

11. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

When Garrick delivers Red to Alan Alda's office and Alda thanks Garrick and dismisses him, hilarity ensues.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Fantastic finish.

January 13th can't get here soon enough.

13. hatvol96

Why do I get the sneaky suspicion that Alda's "employers" are high ranking US officials and we're going to find out that Reddington's "treason" is just a cover for doing some really dark shit for the Red, White, and Blue?

14. hatvol96

Sparing Dembe was a nice dramatic touch. The scene with Alda and Anslo was top flight. The look Alada shoots him when he starts trying to tell him how things are going to go was priceless.

15. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

I really like this show. Spader deserves an Emmy. I also like the unapologetic killing. Nobody bothers trying to talk someone into laying their gun down. Refreshing. Slight quibble with the writing, however. Dembe was identified as a Sudanese freedom fighter. He and Red were reciting the 112th sura of the Qur'an to each other. Supposedly most of the Sudanese freedom fighters are Christian or animists, not Muslim.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  16. fun2bow

fun2bow New Member

Thoughts on Lizzy husband?

17. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

He's a bad guy.

18. hatvol96

Likely in the employ of Alda's group to act as a counterbalance to what they saw as the inevitable involvement of Reddington in Lizzy's life.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I think the gal with Ressler will come into play. Remember she left him after Red got away the first time, and when they lose him again, she shows up, despite being engaged. I bet there's a reason he and Red had that conversation about her too. I think Tom is probably involved with Alda is well, hence the reason he told Lizzy to watch out for him.

I read a couple people online who said Resslers ex resembles the VIACP girl, but I don't remember much about that part.

20. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor